Good Luck Chuck

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by TheKid22681, Jan 26, 2008.

1. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

Using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 to back up this disk. It is a region 1 unrated version. The backup still has protections on it as seen in the attached logfile.Any advice on how to get rid of these protections would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Why not use the original disc for a backup?

The log you posted is for a single layer (DVD-5) DVD-ROM that is region free with no CSS. The original definitely didn't come like this. How was this backup created?

3. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

I posted the log from the backup to show that it still contains protections on the disk that were not removed by anydvd. Here is the log from the original disk. Sorry for the confusion.

Attached Files:

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

Alright. What software was used for the original backup? And what versions?

5. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.5

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. Does the backup have any problems if it is viewed on a PC or a standalone player?

7. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

The movie plays flawlessly in both the pc and the stand alone player.Just couldnt understand why it still shows protections on the disk?

8. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

Thank you all for you help.Was just curious because I have never seen this before. I always scan all my disks with nero to see the quality of my burns. Not much to worry about I imagine. Thanks again.

9. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

If the backup was made with Clonedvd, then Anydvd is simply reporting the wrong information. The backup isn't protected.
    Anydvd isn't always infallible in terms of what its scanner reports in the status window.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  10. TheKid22681

TheKid22681 Member

Thanks Webslinger for clearing that up for me.