• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

good 4K internal writer

hello everyone, any advice for a good 4K internal writer to buy that has good compatibility with BD-XL 100GB that read with player for TV sony UBP-X800M2 ?

Last edited:
Great Deep ok, yes now i've this 2 driver
  • Asus BW-16D1HT
  • Pioneer Pioneer BDR-213JBK

and i burn the BDrXL 100gb at 2x max but with my sony UBP-X800M2 out of 10 times I try to insert the film I read 1 or at most 2 so I think it depends on the media I use this verbatim 100gb

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ffYAAOSwJalh0~f1/s-l1600.jpg
Your Sony is one of very few players that can handle 100 GB discs but only if you write data up to 2 of 3 layers on those discs. So everytime you burn more than 66 GB data on these discs the player won't work. My advice is to use only 50 GB discs and shrink the movie with CloneBD to this size. The advantage of 66 GB vs. 50 GB is very small and the 50 Gb discs are much cheaper.

And only burn with the Pioneer. The LG / ASUS drives are lousy burners.

Last edited:
in fact I agree with you but I don't understand why I was able to read the 100gb even just once or twice it should never read them so I deduce that perhaps another burner could help me solve the problem, which burner would you recommend?

Your Pioneer is the best or one of the best available. No need to purchase another one.

Like I said. Your Sony 800 can only read max. 2 of the layers which is 66 GB. You might have been lucky a couple of times that it read more. But then it was pure luck. There are no standalone players besides just the very old Panasonic UB900 that can read burned BD-R 100 GB. You need to limit the data on these 100 Gb discs to 66 GB.
Most standalone players can't even read 66 GB and are limited to 50 GB discs. If your Sony dies one day you will have a hard time to find a standalone that can play your 66 GB discs.

Your Pioneer is the best or one of the best available. No need to purchase another one.

Like I said. Your Sony 800 can only read max. 2 of the layers which is 66 GB. You might have been lucky a couple of times that it read more. But then it was pure luck. There are no standalone players besides just the very old Panasonic UB900 that can read burned BD-R 100 GB. You need to limit the data on these 100 Gb discs to 66 GB.
Most standalone players can't even read 66 GB and are limited to 50 GB discs. If your Sony dies one day you will have a hard time to find a standalone that can play your 66 GB discs.
Can you confirm that the panasonic DP-UB9000EGK can also reproduce BDRXL 100gb ?

Panasonic DMP-UB900. Only available as a used player at outrageous price.

Unless you are a person who needs an "irrational disc feeling" I suggest you get a CloneOppo and play everything from hard drive as I do. Google "M9201 Clone Oppo".

Back