Going Beyond The Frame Width/Frame Height of 1920/1080

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Help_N_Out_2, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Help_N_Out_2

Help_N_Out_2 Well-Known Member

Hi All

I am a fully registered user for CloneBD & AnyDVD HD. I’m not experiencing any issues but I do have a question about CloneBD. So far I have not invested in the 4k arena yet.

My questions is, “If I use a 4K Blu-ray drive during .mp4 conversion, does CloneBD allow you to go beyond the Frame Width/Frame Height of 1920/1080?”

Again, this is just a question and I am not experiencing any issues at all.

2. Help_N_Out_2

Oops!!!! Sorry, I should have placed this under CloneBD. My mistake.

3. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

The drive has nothing to do with it, that's just a data delivery device (it doesn't know about picture resolution or even what "video" is).
    If the source is 4K, then yes, CloneBD will allow up to 3840x2160.

4. Help_N_Out_2

Thanks!!!!! In my backwards way of talking about the drive I was talking about the source disk. My thinking and fingers were not in sync.

Great. This will help me with some pending equipment upgrades. Again, thanks.

5. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

Don't forget that AnyDVD 4K support is experimental and you need a "UHD Friendly" drive for it to work, that's NOT just any drive that claims to be compatible with 4K UHD Blu-ray disks.

6. Help_N_Out_2

Right now, I'm just doing research. I promise to do more homework prior to committing to anything. Again, thanks everyone. I'm still learning.