• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Going beyond ISO...

ylagace

Sorry for the two posts one after the other but I felt that it would be easier for everyone as my second question is totally different.

You can check my other post (Another ISO question) if you want more details...

I think that the holy grail for most people on this forum is to hold its HD movie collection on a NAS and play it back either via PC (PDVD) or even better via a media player. I would like to get rid of the PC (much too big) and I do not want to own a PS3 AND a XBOX 360. I am looking for something more universal that can also handle my extensive DVD and Divx collection on my NAS.

We do not want to handle physical medias in boxes and remember where they are on the jukeboxes (DVD players).

I have also spend a lot of time watching the AVS threads about the Dvico TViX and the EVA8000 (I got one) and the limHD200i and the popcorn hour A-100 now. Only a few can handle real 1080p (actually none reliably) material but it is coming.

I can see many people re-encoding to 720p and converting the audio streams via eac3to and other programs. I believe that most of us do not want to lose resolution from HD. I can buy the regular DVD instead of re-encoding.

The issue is that most media player will handle Matroska (.mkv) files and only AAC and AC3, no DD+, no TrueHD, no LCPM. So we have to take the main movie file (Feature.EVO or main m2ts) and demux it to get the video separate from the audio and subtitles and rebuilt that with MeGUI or mkvmerge or mktoolnix, etc.). The problem is that all the guides around (and there a few thousand pages of those!) will involve some re-encoding from VC-1 or AVC to x264 or something else.

My question is the following: has someone found a way to create some kind of file (mkv or avi or others) from the main HDDVD or BR movie and convert it without re-encoding the video to something that a media player can handle in 1080p? What tools do you use? Is it possible to keep the original AVC or VC-1 format? What media player can play that today? (I can confirm that the EVA8000 codec in the latest beta version cannot handle 1080p).

I understand that most media players does not handle the new audio formats so we will need to re-encode that at least for the moment.

Sorry if this is not specific about anyDVD-HD but this is the only tool that enable us to load our own media to an entertainment center.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back