Getting the AACS and Sly Folders Off Blu Ray Disc

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by mick2006, Jun 23, 2007.

1. mick2006

mick2006 Well-Known Member

Before today, I didn't have any problem double clicking my blu ray burner drive and copying and pasting the AACS and Sly folders to burn a copy of the movie to BD-R/RE, but now I can't open up the drive to get these folders. I can still rip the movie from the disc, but I can't look at the content on the disc. I was able to and now I can't. Before when I clicked on "My computer" my drive would say "Logical Drive G", now it just says CD drive. Anybody know what's up and what I can do to fix the problem? I am using the Sony blu ray burner and Windows XP Media Center 2005. Just noticed that when a blu ray disc is not in the drive, under "my computer" it lists it as "dvd-ram drive G". This is what anydvd says:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.4)
    SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0E FEB23 ,2007BRF2
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 11500608 sectors (22462 MBytes)
    Video Blu-Ray label: 00000111_INTO_THE_BLUE
    Media is AACS protected!
    Removed AACS copy protection!
    Blu-Ray disc is region free!

I have tried it with 4 different blu ray discs, all with same info.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

If you're using XP, go get the toshiba UDF drivers for the 360, I had this problem underr XP, and once I installed the UDF 2.5 driver I had access to the drive again, it only did it for me with blu-ray film discs as the bdmv structure uses udf 2.5

Here's a link to the driver

http://rapidshare.com/files/3149367/XBOX360-1.HD-DVDRom.UDF.Reader.v2.5.WindowsXP-BluePrint.rar.html

Just right click on the thdudf.inf file and tell it to install, that'll put the driver into windows, reboot and you should see everything fine

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  3. SuperGoof

SuperGoof Well-Known Member

Perhaps you have recently uninstalled Nero InCD, Roxio Drag-to-Disc, Sonic DLA or similar program, which (among other things) allows UDF 2.5 disc files to be visible in Explorer.

4. mick2006

I did just uninstall InstantBurn, and that was certainly around the time that it began happening. Thanks for the info.

5. mick2006

I have downloaded the driver, but when I right click on the "thdudf.inf" file there is no option to install-any ideas?