• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Getting stutter when ripping HD-DVD's in Vista 32

Xcel

I had this problem a while ago and thought the cause was that I was ripping on one machine and saving the rip to the server. So what I did was just ripped everything directly on my XP server. That worked just fine.

I've moved my server now and need to rip on my Vista box. I now get stutter in all of my rips. I am ripping to the local HD and playing on the same machine. The rips that I have previously made work just fine and playing the disc directly with or without AnyDVD is perfect, but the rips made on the Vista box stutter. I tried putting AnyDVD in safe mode, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Assuming all your rip settings are the same, fragmented disc?

It was defraged two days ago. Anything else I can try?

Try making an ISO of it and then play it from the mounted ISO and see what happens. I have done about 4 HD-DVD's today on Vista 32bit as ISO's and they all play fine.

Try making an ISO of it and then play it from the mounted ISO and see what happens. I have done about 4 HD-DVD's today on Vista 32bit as ISO's and they all play fine.

Can you detail your ISO ripping process? I've been trying for a few hrs to get a successful rip to playback via MyMovies2/Arcsoft w AnyDVDHD. I can get Arcsoft to launch but then it sits without loading the ISO. I've been using imgburn in READ mode, UDF 2.5...I think I'm missing something simple but am running out of ideas right now. Any suggestions?

you have to mount the ISO in daemon tools so it sees it as a disc in a drive then use powerdvd to play the mounted image, you can't just load the ISO into the playback software as it won't recognise it

Right, I have MyMovies set to do just that. The image gets mounted (verified by checking 'My Computer') but Arcsoft says its not valid and will not play.

See my troubleshooting sticky post for how to rip properly to ISO. However, instead of shutting AnyDVD off when ripping, keep it active so that it removes the AACS encryption. This should give you a good image you can mount with Daemon Tools.

OK I think I read the correct post. I'm keeping AnyDVDHD running, ripping via imgburn READ mode to ISO. I have Virtual Clonedrive instead of Daemon tools configured for use with MyMovies, and Arcsoft as the HD playback app. Rip will be done in about 30min so I'll try again when its done.

Didnt mean to hijack this thread so I'll post results in its own thread. Thx for the help so far...I really want to get this working!

OK I think I read the correct post. I'm keeping AnyDVDHD running, ripping via imgburn READ mode to ISO. I have Virtual Clonedrive instead of Daemon tools configured for use with MyMovies, and Arcsoft as the HD playback app. Rip will be done in about 30min so I'll try again when its done.

Didnt mean to hijack this thread so I'll post results in its own thread. Thx for the help so far...I really want to get this working!

The part I highlighted is a big problem. No workie. You need to use Daemon Tools.

Well, I tried ripping on my laptop (Vista32) and my new server (Windows Home Server) with no success. The laptop rip stutters worse then the one from the desktop. The WHS rip just gives me a black screen.

The constant in this mix is my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. Maybe it is bad. I think my wife is getting me the LG combo drive for my birthday on Monday so I will try and see if that is the culprit.

I would still appreciate any guidance in the meantime.

Well, I tried ripping on my laptop (Vista32) and my new server (Windows Home Server) with no success. The laptop rip stutters worse then the one from the desktop. The WHS rip just gives me a black screen.

The constant in this mix is my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. Maybe it is bad. I think my wife is getting me the LG combo drive for my birthday on Monday so I will try and see if that is the culprit.

I would still appreciate any guidance in the meantime.
If you play it direct from the Xbox drive does it play fine, if so then it's not the drive (I'd be very surprised if it was the drive anyway). If it was something to do with the drive then you'd get read errors not stuttering on your system when playing back from harddrive

Back