Getting Error code - Wrong region code for ripped "Mr. Brooks"

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by cmibobby, Oct 30, 2007.

1. cmibobby

cmibobby New Member

After ripping Mr Brooks Blu Ray, I wanted to ck to make sure it played OK in Power DVD Ultra. It starts up and then gives a error that I have the wrong region code and the DVD player needs to be Region A. I checked everything and it is all indicated to be Region 1 or Region A. Power DVD Ultra is the latest revision that I just uploaded last week.

ANy suggestions? All of my other ripped (that can be ripped) HD or Blu Ray movies play fine>:confused:

2. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've exactly the same error in Mr. Brooks and now I have the same error in 28 Weeks Later, 2 BD in a row... Any idea why? mor importantly how to fix that?

AnyDVD 6.1.9.7
    PowerDVD Ultra 3319f

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Either set the BD region code setting in AnyDVD to match the disc, or disable it.

4. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

James,

I did. When I open AnyDVD it stated something like locked and it is forced to use B & C region code. I then changed the PowerDVD Ultra to B and C in the BD setting and both failed to play... Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks in advance.

5. James

I repeat: Set *AnyDVD* BD region code setting to match the disc (look on the label / package), or disable it and set PowerDVD to match the disc.
    EDIT: Do not set AnyDVD region code to automatic, it may detect the region incorrectly.

6. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

im referring when i play the bd movies i stored in the hd folder.

7. sarah99

sarah99 Well-Known Member

Also when ripping,do not select "remove region code" as this causes the same error for me.

8. Xtrap1979

Xtrap1979 Well-Known Member

Had the same problem with Die Hard 4.
    Had it set to automatic. Haven't had the chance to try it when disabling the RC removal.....

9. James

Just set AnyDVD to the region of the Disc. Automatic may "catch" the wrong region.