• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

General Rip/ISO Question

hamisht

Does the level of protection effect the speed when ripping to ISO?

Just curious, as i'm putting my Anime DVDs onto a hard drive for quicker viewing through a media player, and ripped through one series quite quickly (Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040), about 10 minutes per disc to rip to ISO..

Chucked in another series (Neon Genesis Evangelion), and its estimate is over an hour.. the first set was only Single Layer discs, and this set is Dual Layer, but would it really decrease that much in speed?

Dual layer discs usually trip a "rip lock" speed limiter in the DVD drive. This is partially due to the simple fact that DL discs are harder to read, and partially due to movie studios trying to mess with you.
Some drives rip DL at 8x, some at 4x or 6x. The quickest ripping drives are usually the Liteon models, but some others also do well.

Is it OK to use this software to make animes gotten from myanimelist and nihofun.com to DVD disc for saving and collecting?
Or I find the wrong production to make it? Sorry I am a newcomer.

Generally it's NOT recommended to rip DVD's to iso AT ALL with AnyDVD. There's a warning for a reason. If you must have an iso, use the iso function in CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD running in the background.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back