• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

General question regarding different UHD drives and messages in the log

tectpro

Translator (ms_MY)
Hello,

I have a general question regarding UHD drives and UHD rip to Image or rip to directory.
I recently noticed that when I want to rip to Image /rip to directory, an UHD that for different drives I get different messages:

When I use one of my WH16NS60 drives,
in the log window they both show Failed to send host key!

When I try with one of the below drives:
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-212U 1.01
BUFFALO OPTICAL DRIVE BU10

It shows couldn't retrieve AGID!

The ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 doesn't seem to have that messages at all, but its a "friendly" drive.

Is this normal behavior?
I have attached the log files in case they are needed.

AnyDVD is version 8.6.2.3 and MakeMKV is latest version v1.71.1 - no changes on speed limiters

FYI: I am aware that some of the drives are Region 0 for DVD, which should not affect UHD's.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_J-C18D9529_457E30FC_HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.03 .ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_K-C18D9529_457E30FC_PIONEER BD-RWBDR-212U 1.01 .ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_M-C18D9529_457E30FC_HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00 .ziplog
  • AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_L-C18D9529_457E30FC_BUFFALO OPTICAL DRIVE BU10 .ziplog
  • AnyDVD_8.6.2.3-Info_I_C18D9529_457E30FC_ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 .ziplog
Don't worry. These are only warnings and nothing to be concerned about. The messages for the official drives are some side effects from Makemkv as "the man in the middle". For friendly drives AnyDVD just handles everything by itself and therefore no warnings.

Yeah normal. Those are actual uhd drives aka official drives. As long as it shows that makemkv is active it's nothing to worry about. Anydvd doesn't work with those drives natively but with libredrive active it's basically similar to a friendly drive... more or less. It comes down to whether bus encryption is enabled or not. With libredrive enabled, bus encryption is disabled on the drive, and anydvd is able to do its thing. Now if a disc doesn't yet have a key in the opd, you'll see those kinds of errors with official drives. As long as bus encryption is disabled you'll be good to go to rip to protected image in those cases. Once the key is added then you can rip to unprotected image or folder.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah normal. Those are actual uhd drives aka official drives. As long as it shows that makemkv is active it's nothing to worry about. Anydvd doesn't work with those drives natively but with libredrive active it's basically similar to a friendly drive... more or less. It comes down to whether bus encryption is enabled or not. With libredrive enabled, bus encryption is disabled on the drive, and anydvd is able to do its thing. Now if a disc doesn't yet have a key in the opd, you'll see those kinds of errors with official drives. As long as bus encryption is disabled you'll be good to go to rip to protected image in those cases. Once the key is added then you can rip to unprotected image or folder.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Sam, the second part of your post is not correct and might be confusing for tectpro. All his logs were with a disc that is supported in the OPD. And it really doesn't matter if official or friendly drive if a key for a disc is not in the OPD. In both cases with all drives you can still make a protected ISO. And then you get an error message, not just a warning.

When I try with one of the below drives...

... It shows couldn't retrieve AGID!

I have been getting this message with UHD's since I first starting using them in AnyDVD -- especially if mounting a protected UHD .iso.

All movies still play exactly as they should, so I've come to assume you can safely ignore the message.

No harm, no foul :=)

T

Thank you everyone I only noticed it lately.
I got this drives and all the things for UHD some time already but never noticed it.

Back