• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Games that dont work with current GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a couple games with the new securom 7.32/7.31 GJ blacklisting, Sparta ancient wars, and Genesis rising. ill test them out with the gj-hide plugin over the next few days and post my results when i get the chance

the plugin is just subinacl !! damn.. so it just blocks registry keys...
and im pretty sure the recent secu versions detect that...
back to square one :(

i have a couple games with the new securom 7.32/7.31 GJ blacklisting, Sparta ancient wars, and Genesis rising. ill test them out with the gj-hide plugin over the next few days and post my results when i get the chance

well i got both of them to work; need to be made without autolaunch and i believe that you will need hidejack plugin :D :D :D

Games that work with plugin

Hello, and thanks to the ones that posted the plugin on this board. here are some results.

The following games work with up to date versions (patches) as of today.

Jade empire SE
Command and conquer 3
Silent hunter iv (used dynamic Scan)
war front: turning point

The following games are resisting, but I have yet to try other modes.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r
Battlestations Midway
Latest version of Prey (earlier ones worked fine)

Last edited:
S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Disk is not needed for the version I have (Canada). I used it only for installing and it's been in the box every since. I understand that other areas of the the world have Securom and StarForce.

on the side--you gamers in other areas of the world need to be less accepting of intrusive protection and let the gaming companies know that you are not going to purchase their product. I would love to buy Trackmania stuff and some of the Toca racing games, but not with Starforce on them.

usa release of stalkers also doesnt require disk to play
also i believe that Battlestations Midway should work with it, it uses securom 7.30 which i haven't had a problem with (up-to-date) Game jackal.
you could try using the hide jackal plugin

Last edited:
lara croft anniverasy

Help! - this DVD has securerom V7 which detedcs gamejackal & refuses to run while GJ is running.

someone please tell me more about the hide plug-in in case that fixes it.
i.e. where to get it / what it does / how it works.

I have GJ version2.8.17.495

tomb raider anniversary - I tried downloading the hide jack plugin from one of the locations above & put the dll into a maplom/plugins folder as instructed , then closed/restarted GJ.

but Tomb raider Anniversay still detects it & so won't run,

and attempt to make a profile fails with an eerror msaage that a required security module cannot be activated.

so I guess it's wait for a slysoft release or a game crack, whichever comes anlong first , or commit the ultimate heresy of playing with the DVD in the drive!

Try using the hidejack plugin, but don't use any auto launching. When the capture or profile is running, launch the game manually. The plugin seems to enjoy more success when the game in question is run from outside of the GJ process.

OK, but how do I capture the profile to begin with please - the usual method of letting GJ do that does not work ?

progress, followed the maual insturctions above & the profiel is being created as I type -it's doing the finalising routing.

so presumably I then lock it, take out the DVd & try running the game using the GJ profile. I'll report back.

thanks to the hide-jack author & others who have posted help on this.

now does this latest securerom have any sneaky later checks or should the came gontinue to wotk thru GJ forever, if it works to begin with ?

PS the securerom guiys must have some confidence in theeirproduct as there's no key to type in for this game, it's relying solely on the securerom portection.

well that seems to have worked.

so you launch the profile, then launch the game & it starts up without the DVD - neat. I'm happy to use a 2 step process.

then when you're done playing you deactivate the profile - I guess there's no harm done if you forget to to that & just power-off or do other stuff - it just means your DVD drive is not there until you deactivate, yes ?

thanks again to all contributors.

securom doesnt have key stuff to install
perhaps you're thinking of starforce, where the key is actually a media descriptor key, which is a sub component of the protection....

no what I meant was - most games have a unique 20+digit key in the box or on the back of the manual which you have to type in when you install. In addition to whatever copy protection is on the disc.
So e.g. NWN2 has a long key + has Securerom protection.
TRA uses Securerom only, these is no game key or registration process, maybe beacuse it has no online multiplayer component to protect.

aah, that key thing is usually done by the publisher and is usually found on multiplayer games, its not a 'feature' of the copyprotection (safedisc, securom
and so on)... can also be found on single player games, especially ones from paranoid publishers... (who end up using a crap algo... most of the time... ea is a fine example...) the key is usually always 20 yup, 4 of which is a crc.. so its really only 16 :)

Thread locked. With the new release of GJ, I would prefer not having confusing information perpetuated. I will create a new thread and sticky it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back