• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Games that dont work with current GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you're right, Kilgore, it only works with the plugin, otherwise it produces the 'conflict with emulation software' error. Provided you have the plugin, and run C&C 3 independently outside of GJ, it works.

As for having GJ launch the game automatically, no luck on that front. The best I can do is write a little app that can launch a GJ profile, then after a delay launch the game, but I cannot get it to shut GJ down afterwards. I tried a similar app, which GJ could launch instead of the game, but again, it is still essentially running under the GJ process, so it won't launch.

I did find one trick to make it launch, and that was to define the app as being "C:\windows\explorer.exe", and feed it the parameter "C:\games\CC3\cnc3.exe". This called on the (already running) explorer to execute cnc3.exe, so it appeared outside of GJ. But of course, explorer.exe doesn't finish, so you still have to shut down GJ anyway. Which of course removes the whole point of doing that. Plus it confuses the hell out of SuckuROM, and you'll need to reboot before it'll even work again.

If there was a way of ending the maplom.exe process from a commandline option, we'd be in fully automated business. So until then, we'll just have to wait for SlySoft to implement support for the latest SuckuROM. In the meantime, this plugin does at least facilitate an effective workaround. So again, good job, sYk0.

Edit: You know, it really does pay to look at readme files sometimes. There is a way to shut down GJ from the command line. The quest continues!

Last edited:
Okay. Here is a batch file that will launch the game:

Code:
@echo off
profilestart.lnk
PING -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
cnc3.exe
PING -n 2 127.0.0.1>nul
"C:\Program Files\Maplom\maplom_sc.exe" /deactivate

Couple of points: it seems SecuROM is a little touchy, and it still sometimes detects an emulator conflict (perhaps the plugin needs an update?). It displays this behavior running manually or via the batch file.

You need a shortcut to the GJ profile in the game directory. Mine was called "profilestart", so the batch file command is "profilestart.lnk".

Then PING command is being used to pause the batch file (it just pings the computer locally) to allow the GJ profile time to start up before the game is called. You can change the delay time in seconds by changing the -n parameter; mine is set for 10 seconds. A final short delay is added to allow the program to close before shutting the profile down (probably not needed).

my my my, what a HORRIBLE method...

ever investigated the start command?

Starts a separate window to run a specified program or command.

START ["title"] [/Dpath] [/I] [/MIN] [/MAX] [/SEPARATE | /SHARED]
[/LOW | /NORMAL | /HIGH | /REALTIME | /ABOVENORMAL | /BELOWNORMAL]
[/WAIT] [/B] [command/program]
[parameters]

This method is only a workaround, I made no guarantee of neatness. You can use the start command along with the wait flag, but it doesn't functionally make much of a difference to the batch file. It will just mean
"profilestart.lnk" will become "start profilestart.lnk"

and

"cnc3.exe" will become "start /wait cnc3.exe".

It may provide a little additional benefit, as I've found after some use, running the exe from the batch file seems to produce the "conflict with emulator" error more often than running the exe from an explorer window after starting the profile. The start command may help by running the application as an individual task. You will still need the PING command in there to allow the batch file to pause before going to the next command.

To be honest, I'm hoping SlySoft will address the new SecuROM system soon anyway, so GJ will go back to working as intended. In the meantime, there is at least a SecuROM workaround.

yup, just a crazy use of ping really, thats why i commented, wasnt personal really.. but yeh, lets see what happens as/when/if gj is released soon
i still think it'll get blacklisted from time to time, just like clonecd is etc..
and slysoft aint exactly fixed that quickly

Heh. I will grant you that the PING is kind of a scruffy way to add a delay. Unfortunately, the ways of pausing a batch file for a specific time are limited.

As for your blacklisting comment, I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. GJ would frequently be blacklisted by SecuROM, but the GJ team would always address it as quickly as they could. I hope SlySoft don't take that away from it.

yup, though well we could judge their response against their other products being blacklisted... clonecd/clonedvd for example, pretty sure thats blacklisted by secu... has been since early securom 7, and it still is... and i think anydvd is also blacklisted.. i'll see if i can do some experiments at the weekend...but i think its fair to say that slysofts current anti blacklisting fixes/releases are not really done...

yup, though well we could judge their response against their other products being blacklisted... clonecd/clonedvd for example, pretty sure thats blacklisted by secu... has been since early securom 7, and it still is... and i think anydvd is also blacklisted.. i'll see if i can do some experiments at the weekend...but i think its fair to say that slysofts current anti blacklisting fixes/releases are not really done...

I have all of these programs installed on my system, and with the exception of clonecdtray running (as opposed to simply having clonecd installed), Securom 7 doesn't blacklist any of them. A very early version of F.E.A.R. wouldn't run with Anydvd running, but installing patches changed that. Clonedvd2 has never been targeted by anything.

The other thing to keep in mind is that GJ does not copy games so a publisher does not need to be concerned with it like they would anydvd, for example.

The other thing to keep in mind is that GJ does not copy games so a publisher does not need to be concerned with it like they would anydvd, for example.

You're assuming common sense on the part of the publishers. Dangerous.

yup, never assume that you know what the publishers think... they're a tricky bunch of individuals who change their views more times than people change their socks :)

Yes. BUT it does circumvent the copy protection they have put on the disc which might irk them somewhat as I imagine it isn't cheap.

I understand the need for copy protection. Anything that makes the pirates job harder is a good thing, but let's be honest the only people who EVER have problems with copy protection/drm are the people who have actually paid for the product.

One thing I hope is fixed with a future update is that I find with DVD's that have multiple games on them do not work. Game Jackal does not seem to be able to start the process. For instance our family have Star Wars Battlefront o both standalone disk and the DVD with 4 Star Wars game soon it. I can make a profile from the standalone disk but not the DVD with 4 games.

The only game on the DVD I can make a profile for is the first game on the DVD.

I think the program may be looking for the files in the wrong place on the disk and hence not being able to launch the game and make a profile.

But that is only a guess, as I have noidea how it really works.

Cheers MarkL

I can make a profile from the standalone disk but not the DVD with 4 games.

Is that a commercial release? I own both Battlefront I and II (they both worked with Game Jackal); I don't recall either game being bundled with any other games, but I suppose it's possible Lucasarts bundled them together with something else.

Is that a commercial release? I own both Battlefront I and II (they both worked with Game Jackal); I don't recall either game being bundled with any other games, but I suppose it's possible Lucasarts bundled them together with something else.

Yes, it is a commercial release. It comes with republic commando, empire at war and another couple I believe.

I own 'Star Wars: The Best of PC' which has 5 games spread across 2 DVD's and had no problem with Game Jackal on any of the games. Are you trying to emulate the whole disc once for all the games on it? because each game needs its own seperate profile off the one disc...

CNC3 Success

Thanks Loonie, I've got CNC3 working now with your plugin. 8)

You're most welcome, but alas I can take the credit for the implementation, not the plugin itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back