• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal vs CloneCD (Quick and possibly stupid question)

NobleBear

Hello,

I am new to these two applications so forgive me if this is an obvious question. Is there any reason I would want to purchase CloneCD IN ADDITION to GameJackal if I don't want/need to make actual CD copies? In other words, are there games that do not function in "Image Mode" using GameJackal but that would function using a copy made by CloneCD?

Many thanks!

-Steve

No. However, Clonecd (with Anydvd running in the background) is, in my opinion, the best Slysoft option for backing up movies with Verbatim+R DL discs

However, Clonecd (with Anydvd running in the background) is, in my opinion, the best Slysoft option for backing up movies with Verbatim+R DL discs
Why not just use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk", and then use something like ImgBurn to burn it to DVD.

Alternatively, why not have AnyDVD running, and then use ImgBurn to create an ISO of the DVD disc.

Am I missing something with CloneCD ?

Why not just use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk", and then use something like ImgBurn to burn it to DVD.

Because it takes longer, I'm lazy, and ripping with Anydvd does not preserve the original layer break position. That method would require me to create a layer break position in imgburn.

Am I missing something with CloneCD ?

Clonecd preserves the original layer break position and burns without requiring you to rip first and then switch to another program.

Back