• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.1.7 (Release)

matthew

SlySoft Team Member
Release v4.0.1.7 - release (2010-01-14)
  • A number of driver bug fixes and improvements.
  • When installing alongside v3, the profiles are now copied instead of permanently moved (technical they are moved to the v4 directory first, and then copied back to the v3 directory).
  • The manager application will now minimize to the tray when a profile is active.
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing profile shortcuts from starting if they were not in the currently loaded profile folder.
  • Fixed a number of bugs with the Windows context menu.
  • Fixed a display issue when certain languages were in effect.
  • The Game Jackal profile will now deactivate if the media is ejected via Windows explorer.
  • Fixed an error with the "Manually create profile" option.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for the continued support of GameJackal! :)

Ok, since installing the last-but-one update, and then also with his 4.0.1.7 update, when i load GJ it throws up an error saying

"There was an error loading the skin #####, no skin will be loaded. Error - Invalid filename."

and then with a click on OKAY a hideous GUI opens up in a box at the top of the screen rather than the nice one to the right side of my computer.

The same message then shows, minus the Invalid filename bit, when I go into settings.

In the skins tab each skin can be previewed but not chosen. They all error.
Is this something that's gone screwy my end, or a global thing?

Also, it would seem that I need to make anew practically all of my profiles as only a couple actually run okay. argh!

P.s. Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit dual-processor

Sam / Bifford

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for the continued support of GameJackal! :)

Ok, since installing the last-but-one update, and then also with his 4.0.1.7 update, when i load GJ it throws up an error saying

"There was an error loading the skin #####, no skin will be loaded. Error - Invalid filename."

and then with a click on OKAY a hideous GUI opens up in a box at the top of the screen rather than the nice one to the right side of my computer.

The same message then shows, minus the Invalid filename bit, when I go into settings.

In the skins tab each skin can be previewed but not chosen. They all error.
Is this something that's gone screwy my end, or a global thing?

Also, it would seem that I need to make anew practically all of my profiles as only a couple actually run okay. argh!

P.s. Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit dual-processor

Sam / Bifford

Currently only the default skin (windows 7) is supported in v4. Delete all skins in the directory and re-install GJ.

I've got a weird problem with this release. When going through the wizard to create a profile for a game the 'locate title' button doesn't work, so you can't select the exe path, and thus can't create a profile.
You can't type the path manually in the path box either.

That is strange... what OS are you running?

Converted from 3 to 4 ok

Having had a problem when originally converting from 3 to 4

I have now tried the latest 4.0.1.7 and would now like to say that I do not have a problem ......

However, I fortunately have images dating back to before the first attempted upgrade to 4.

I decided to uninstall 4 and 3
Installed 3 again
Copied the Profile library as it used to be before the attempted upgrade
Installed 4.0.1.7
Good news - it converted everything from 3
I shall probably uninstall 3 in due course

As mentioned by others, that is a rather scruffy, inelegant skin ......

Having had a problem when originally converting from 3 to 4

I have now tried the latest 4.0.1.7 and would now like to say that I do not have a problem ......

However, I fortunately have images dating back to before the first attempted upgrade to 4.

I decided to uninstall 4 and 3
Installed 3 again
Copied the Profile library as it used to be before the attempted upgrade
Installed 4.0.1.7
Good news - it converted everything from 3
I shall probably uninstall 3 in due course

As mentioned by others, that is a rather scruffy, inelegant skin ......
Could you post an image of the skin?

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

Not too sure where to go from here, we have testing the latest release and we cannot reproduce this problem. Can you post a screen shot?

Not too sure where to go from here, we have testing the latest release and we cannot reproduce this problem. Can you post a screen shot?

Thanks Matthew,

I'll post a screenshot when I get home tonight.

-- Steve

Screenshot attached.

The 'Locate Title' button does nothing, and the dialogue box labled 'Game' isn't editable so you can't manually enter the exe path.

I've not tried re-installing GJ yet.

Attachments

• gjbug.jpg
    gjbug.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 14
Screenshot attached.

The 'Locate Title' button does nothing, and the dialogue box labled 'Game' isn't editable so you can't manually enter the exe path.

I've not tried re-installing GJ yet.

That's pretty odd. Does the button animate (i.e. doesn't look disabled)? This button should invoke the windows explorer file browse. Having looked over the code, I have no idea why this is happening. Do you have any explorer extension or theme managers installed?

That's pretty odd. Does the button animate (i.e. doesn't look disabled)? This button should invoke the windows explorer file browse. Having looked over the code, I have no idea why this is happening. Do you have any explorer extension or theme managers installed?

I don't have explorer themes or extensions installed, just using the standard Aero interface.

The button does animate when you click it, but doesn't do anything. The previous version worked fine. I created profiles for Crysis and Fallout 3 launcher with no problems.

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

Thanks for looking into this Matthew, much appreciated!

Sorry I haven't been back to you earlier, had some problems with my internet at home.

I've still got the same problem - can't select an executable, but it's not limited to v4.0.1.7 - v4.0.1.5 also does it, which is weird because it used to work! :(

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing with no effect. I'm not seeing anything similar in any other programs, or even in any other dialog box & button in GJ.

I completely flummoxed because I don't have any weird programs running which might interfere with it. I tried turning off my antivirus (MSE) but that made no difference. I even tried changing windows themes :bang:

So im clear. It was working with v4.0.1.5?

I have to be honest... I have no idea :confused: I'm not to sure where to go from here. We could allow users to type in the field, however that really does solve your problem.

In the wizard page that allows you to select the profile map... what happens when you select custom (an open dialog show display)?

So im clear. It was working with v4.0.1.5?
In the wizard page that allows you to select the profile map... what happens when you select custom (an open dialog show display)?

Thanks Matthew.

Originally v4.0.1.5 was working, but since I've installed V4.0.1.7 something's happened that's causing this problem with both v4.0.1.5 and v4.0.1.7 (And I'm not saying it's Game Jackal's fault - it could be something else interfering).

Strangely enough, clicking the 'custom' button when you select the profile map doesn't work either.

I'll do some more experiments. Unfortunately I don't have a system restore point that goes back far enough to see if that'll fix it.

Again, many thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just as an experiment I tried running the program under a different account and it worked. Don't know why the problem is account specific.

Last edited:
Thanks Matthew.

Originally v4.0.1.5 was working, but since I've installed V4.0.1.7 something's happened that's causing this problem with both v4.0.1.5 and v4.0.1.7 (And I'm not saying it's Game Jackal's fault - it could be something else interfering).

Strangely enough, clicking the 'custom' button when you select the profile map doesn't work either.

I'll do some more experiments. Unfortunately I don't have a system restore point that goes back far enough to see if that'll fix it.

Again, many thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just as an experiment I tried running the program under a different account and it worked. Don't know why the problem is account specific.

This indicated to me that there is something loading up when you log in that is effecting explorer. Check "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" to see what is being loaded up at login.

Or could it be account privileges?
Read in another forum, different topic but some similiar symptoms. A user had his priviledges removed from his desktop and other maps, so he had problems writing/accesing files to these locations...just a thought! :)

I've just managed to fix this. I'm not sure exactly how though!

I played around with the Windows 7 compatibility settings for GJ. I tried setting it as Windows Vista, but it still didn't work. I then set it as Windows XP, and when running it and accepting a UAC prompt it worked!

Then I tried setting it back to Windows 7 and it didn't work. I then noticed that the 'disable visual themes' setting was enabled in the compatibility settings. I turned that off and it works fine now.

However, I turned that setting back on to check if it was definitely that option that did it and it still worked :confused:

So just fiddling with the compatibility settings has fixed the problem somehow.

Many thanks Matthew and everyone else who tried to help.

Very strange... but glad you got it working.
Also thanks for the fix details, may coming in handy ;)

Back