• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v3.1.1.7 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal3117.exe

Release v3.1.1.7 - beta (2008-11-20)
  • Numerous driver updates.
  • Driver updated to support the latest version of SafeDisc.
  • Driver updates to improve reliability with Securom.
  • Fixed SafeDisc blacklisting issue.
  • Improved scanning of SafeDisc protected games.
  • Driver changes to reduce "Insert the correct CD/DVD" messages experienced by some users.
  • Added a number of profile maps including a map for "Call of Duty: World at War".
  • Fixed a bug that prevents the interface from reappearing under certain circumstances.
  • Minor interface changes and updates.

I updated directly over 3.1.1.6. All of my old profiles work. :rock:

Thanks for the update. As it appears on my end, using GameJackal shortcuts to any game profiles doesn't work anymore in this beta, as clicking the shortcuts will open the GameJackal main window and won't start the particular game. Recreating the shortcuts with 3.1.1.7 won't help, but to downgrade to v3.1.1.6.

This was an install on top of 3.1.1.6.

Anyone else with this?

Best Regards

I would uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, and finally apply your license key again.

This means you have no problems with the shortcuts?

On my desktop? I put all game icons on my desktop and run them from there. I have no problems.

Typically after installing Game Jackal, I will run Game Jackal. Then I will exit the program. Then I will try my desktop icons.

Did the uninstall/reboot/install/reboot/apply key procedure and the problem still remains, so I assume this function is broken (on my end?). Running Vista Business x64 here and I am going back to 3.1.1.6 now.

Best Regards

Did the uninstall/reboot/install/reboot/apply key procedure and the problem still remains, so I assume this function is broken (on my end?). Running Vista Business x64 here and I am going back to 3.1.1.6 now.

Best Regards

I'm using Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1. Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem would be.

I installed 3.1.1.7 over 3.1.1.4 and although the profiles all work, none of the shortcuts do any more - clicking on them just launches GameJackal. Recreating the shortcuts makes no difference.

This is on a freshly installed copy of Vista Home Premium SP1.

Is it possible to get 3.1.1.6 still from anywhere?

Chris

Making copies of video game "spore"

Sir: Since i have several grandkids playing video games on my
computer, which uses one or more dvd's to play the game, is it
possible to make a copy of the "original" and let me kids use the
"copy" to play with and preserve the original?

Thanks...

I installed 3.1.1.7 over 3.1.1.4 and although the profiles all work, none of the shortcuts do any more - clicking on them just launches GameJackal. Recreating the shortcuts makes no difference.

This is on a freshly installed copy of Vista Home Premium SP1.

Is it possible to get 3.1.1.6 still from anywhere?

Chris

I have the exact same problem, all desktop icons that have been converted to GJ profiles launch GJ on double clicking them and not the game they belong to.

Did you guys uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, apply your license key--and then run Game Jackal (I'm not talking about trying desktop icons at this point)? Run Game Jackal. And then exit Game Jackal. Now try your desktop icons

That worked for me.

/shrug

I did an uninstall, restarted, installed, ran GameJackal and still the shortcuts just launch GameJackal...

I am currently in the trial period, so did not apply a key. You don't suppose that could make any difference? I know there are subtle differences between AnyDVDHD trial and paid-up versions.

I did an uninstall, restarted, installed, ran GameJackal and still the shortcuts just launch GameJackal...

I am currently in the trial period, so did not apply a key. You don't suppose that could make any difference? I know there are subtle differences between AnyDVDHD trial and paid-up versions.

I doubt that matters.

The only differences between Anydvd HD trial and Anydvd HD paid are that Anydvd HD paid will allow the user to connect to Slysoft's server to decrypt newer Blu-ray discs, and also the paid version of Anydvd HD will retain settings that the user has changed in the program.

I'm not aware of any differences between the Game Jackal trial and the paid version.

Well, i removed all profiles then uninstalled GJ, rebooted, cleaned the registry, installed GJ 3.1.1.7 beta, rebooted, launched GJ, then i created new game profiles from game desktop shortcuts, but the games shortcuts still launch GJ :confused:

Regarding the shortcuts issue... we have confirmed that there is a problem and will fix it for the next beta release.

Back