• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 3.0.0.5 release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Known bugs: The context menu option for “Create a Game Jackal profile” does not work under Vista 64.

Release v3.0.0.5 - release (2008-02-15)
  • Addional advanced profile options.
  • Further driver bug fixes and enhancements.
  • Language updates.

Release v3.0.0.4 - beta 4
  • Improved profiling speed.
  • Fixed a number of bugs with profile maps and "automatic" mode.
  • Fixed a corruption issue when profile is re-captured.
  • Fixed "No DVD inserted" message that some games have been experiencing.
  • Fixed a bug in the "profile update" option.
  • Fixed BSOD and driver lock up issues under Vista 64.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a slow shutdown on Vista 64
  • Numerous driver bug fixes.

Release v3.0.0.1 - beta 3
  • Fix to the installer which copied 64 bit drivers to the wrong location.
  • Fixed intermittent BSOD under Vista 64.

Release v3.0.0.0 - beta 2
  • Change to the version number format (to bring it into line with other SlySoft products).
  • New driver architecture.
  • 64 bit support.
  • Driver and application signing.
  • Improved Vista support (new manifest added which should force Vista to prompt for elevation if required).
  • Improved profile map support.
  • Improved advanced profile options including date fixing for a profile.
  • New interface skin.
  • Profile library location can now be explicitly set to a new location (this can currently be done by modifying the registry entries "Profile Library" and "Profile Library Dir")
  • Fixed a bug that was reporting invalid disk space when creating a profile.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the "missing file" message to be displayed at startup.
  • Numerous interface changes and updates.

Does this version fix the BSOD when installing/uninstalling the KB943899 update from Microsaoft.

Thanks!

Not sure I have all the latest hotfixes for vista. I'll reboot and see.

No lags in Vista 64 with SP1 now as it was in the beta. :)

Parameter passing to BF2142

Hello, I have been a GJ user since April 2005 but this is my first post to these forums.

Regarding this latest release, it appears that GJ is still not properly passing shortcut parameters to BF2142, at least not for me. This has been happening for the past several official releases if I'm not mistaken.

For example these are my BF2142 profile parameters:

+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName xxx +eaAccountPassword xxx +soldierName xxx

The game should load straight into the main game menu but instead I'm prompted for my EA account login. If I use this same parameters on the regular BF2142 (not GJ) shortcut it works as expected bypassing the EA account login and soldier selection screens. This indicates to me that there is a problem in the way GJ is launching the game.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Known bugs: The context menu option for “Create a Game Jackal profile” does not work under Vista 64.

I've this bug even with Windows Vista 32 Bit Home Premium. “Create a Game Jackal profile” does not work and putting the shortcut from the desktop to Game Jackal does not work too.

I can't still make a working profil with cod4sp (mp is working!), Anno1701 and Trackmania United.

Regards

Tony474

CoD4 MP is not protected. CoD 4 SP is protected with SafeDisc 4.81.000. The other both games has Tages as copy protection and GameJackal doesn't support Tages yet.

Great, this latest release solved my problem with San Andreas. Thanks :)

Parameter passing to BF2142 - possible fix

Hello, I have been a GJ user since April 2005 but this is my first post to these forums.

Regarding this latest release, it appears that GJ is still not properly passing shortcut parameters to BF2142, at least not for me. This has been happening for the past several official releases if I'm not mistaken.

For example these are my BF2142 profile parameters:

+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName xxx +eaAccountPassword xxx +soldierName xxx

The game should load straight into the main game menu but instead I'm prompted for my EA account login. If I use this same parameters on the regular BF2142 (not GJ) shortcut it works as expected bypassing the EA account login and soldier selection screens. This indicates to me that there is a problem in the way GJ is launching the game.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

I think I might have a fix for this.

I experimented with different variations of bf.bat and came to the following conclusions:

1. This normal bf.bat does NOT correctly pass the parameters to BF2142:

rem Battlefield launcher [2/16/2008 12:31:58 AM]
C:
cd \Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\
start "Battlefield" "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" "+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName xxx +eaAccountPassword xxx +soldierName xxx"

2. This bf.bat WORKS and appears to pass all parameters properly. Note the differences in the START command syntax. It doesn't like the quoted title "Battlefied" nor the other quotes as well and the full path before BF2142.exe is unnecessary.

rem Battlefield launcher - Fixed version
C:
cd \Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\
start BF2142.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName xxx +eaAccountPassword xxx +soldierName xxx

3. Since every time BF2142 is launched from GJ the bf.bat appears to be recreated I don't see any easy way for the user to use the fixed version of bf.bat. But I'm far from an expert on the internal workings of GJ so perhaps there is.

Could the developers please investigate this and consider fixing it in the next release?

Beautiful guys! Neverwinter Nights 2 now loads fine and doesn't BSOD on me so yay! :D

Thanks.
Sam

The "Fix date" option under Advanced options still doesn't accept a date.

The "Fix date" option under Advanced options still doesn't accept a date.

We could not find an issue with this. Can you post the date you are trying (and the format)?

Parameter passing to BF2142

Matt, did you see my posts from a few days ago regarding Battlefield 2142 parameters back on page 1 ?

OK - I got it to accept the date by changing the date format in Windows to match that date exactly. It doesn't seem to matter to World in Conflict though. I still need to change the current date back to the profile date in order to get the game to start. Then I can change the computer date back to the correct date and play.

Any suggestions?

Diablo I, Diablo II

This latest version fixed the insert disk error with Vista-32 for Diablo II, but Diablo I (and Hellfire by definition) still don't seem to work.

UAC problem, Help!

-------------------------
1) Make sure the game has been patched with the latest updated available.
2) Run Game Jackal as administrator. To do this right-click the Game Jackal icon, select "Properties", followed by the "Compatibilty" tab. Then check "Run this program as administrator".
3) If you still experiencing problems, turning off UAC will fix most issues (we only recommend this option for experienced users).
------------------------
I did step (1) but don’t know which patch?
I also did step (2) but won’t work!.

Question: Is there a way to Disable UAC for GameJackal ONLY (instead to turn off UAC completely)?

Thanks up front.:confused:

-------------------------
1) Make sure the game has been patched with the latest updated available.
2) Run Game Jackal as administrator. To do this right-click the Game Jackal icon, select "Properties", followed by the "Compatibilty" tab. Then check "Run this program as administrator".
3) If you still experiencing problems, turning off UAC will fix most issues (we only recommend this option for experienced users).
------------------------
I did step (1) but don’t know which patch?
I also did step (2) but won’t work!.

Question: Is there a way to Disable UAC for GameJackal ONLY (instead to turn off UAC completely)?

Thanks up front.:confused:

What is the problem exactly?
FYI you can not disable UAC for a specific application.

Back