• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 3.0.0.1 beta 3 (64 bit support)

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal3001.exe

Release v3.0.0.1 - beta 3
  • Fix to the installer which copied 64 bit drivers to the wrong location.
  • Fixed intermittent BSOD under Vista 64.

Release v3.0.0.0 - beta 2
  • Change to the version number format (to bring it into line with other SlySoft products).
  • New driver architecture.
  • 64 bit support.
  • Driver and application signing.
  • Improved Vista support (new manifest added which should force Vista to prompt for elevation if required).
  • Improved profile map support.
  • Improved advanced profile options including date fixing for a profile.
  • New interface skin.
  • Profile library location can now be explicitly set to a new location (this can currently be done by modifying the registry entries "Profile Library" and "Profile Library Dir")
  • Fixed a bug that was reporting invalid disk space when creating a profile.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the "missing file" message to be displayed at startup.
  • Numerous interface changes and updates.

Yea, all my drives are still here after reboot. Thanks slysoft.

same here, looking promising.. wont be able to test anything until at least tomorrow, too much damned work to do :(

There's no "convert to Game Jackal" option when you right click a game shortcut on your desktop in Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition with Game Jackal running in the background. I hope that option gets added back. Otherwise this beta seems to work fine (I haven't tested it thoroughly).

Last edited:
Just installed beta 3 on Vista 64 Ultimate and tried creating a profile for Titan Quest Immortal Throne. I am happy to say that the install went without a hitch and the games plays perfectly.

Great job!

Doug

Under Windows XP 64Bit.

Install does fine, and it does install (maplom.sys & maploml.sys) into C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers (I erased the old ones first 8) )

When the install starts it says the following: Setup has determined that you are running the 64 bit edition of Vista. Before continuing, it is recommended that you ensure your system has all available patches and updates. But other than that it install fine.

Also without the GameJackal registration key installed it says "driver not installed" over in the bottom left of the screen where it says demo and how many days left. After GE key is added it goes away and looks normal.

Only tried on 1 game so far, but it woks on CrashDay.

Looking good guys.

Yes I liked the update MS message myself thought it was nice to know this is needed and all will be fine.

There's no "convert to Game Jackal" option when you right click a game shortcut on your desktop in Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition with Game Jackal running in the background. I hope that option gets added back. Otherwise this beta seems to work fine (I haven't tested it thoroughly).

This will be fixed in beta 4.

Wow, just found a big bug...

I can't verify if this bug still exists with beta 3, but it did with beta 2, and it's something I would not expect most people to run into, so may still exist.

So, here's what happened:

I have a Lite-on LH-20A1H DVD-RW drive that had LL0A firmware on it. Game Jackal was working perfectly for me, and I had no complaints. I decided to update the firmware on my drive to the LL0C firmware, and that is when I got hit by the bug.

On installing the new firmware, I did the reboot to make sure that Windows caught the update, and on rebooting, I hit a Blue Screen of Death, MaplomL.dll being the culprit. So, try booting into safe mode, blue screen of death again. This was not good, not being able to get into Safe Mode.

Now, I am lucky that I had a CD here that I had made using BartPE, and I had tools to let me reset what drivers and services my Windows Vista setup was loading, as well as the startup. This allowed me to disable Game Jackal and let me boot back normally so I could uninstall, and then reinstall Game Jackal.

The problem that I am hitting is that I am being told that my license for Game Jackal has expired(running beta 3 now). But, I suspect the bug is that when Game Jackal loads, it compares the current profiles to your CD/DVD firmware to keep people from using Game Jackal for piracy, and this freaks out if the firmware gets changed.

So, now on I go to fix my license issue. The problem above was encountered on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, so it's not a 64 bit vs. 32 bit problem.

Edit: After checking my e-mail box, I found the license file which I was able to install and fix the license issue I ran into.
So, all seems to be fine, but I strongly suggest that anyone thinking of updating the firmware on their CD/DVD drive should make sure you have a way to manually disable Game Jackal in the event that you get hit by the same problem I ran into. BartPE really is a life saver when it comes to building a recovery environment. I am not sure if BartPE/PE Builder has been updated to make Vista recovery environments, but if you have a Windows XP CD laying around, that will work for having at least a basic recovery CD once you get it working with your hard drive setup(RAID drivers and SATA may require some effort to get the drivers set up correctly in BART, but you may have luck right off the bat).

Last edited:
Here is some more good news on the XP 64 side.

Crysis 32Bit now works with GameJackal. Sometimes gives me a error that I need to put the disk in the drive, click cancel and it loads anyways. Asked for the disk 3 times, other 3 times it did not. Going to see if a image version will do online now.

Crysis 64Bit still exits as soon as it starts to load when you build the profile.

I picked up Game Jackal on Oct. 17, 2005, and now she is running on X64 :clap: :bowdown:

EDIT: Image mode works online. It needed HideJack to get it to boot 32Bit version of game only. Crysis version 1.1

Last edited:
Two minor issues I've found with beta 3

* The installer defaults the install location to "C:\Program Files (X86)\..." 64 bit software should go into "C:\Program Files\..." the Program Files (X86) folder is for 32 bit software

* The GJ preferences screen has an option to store your profiles in "My Documents". On Vista My Documents has been replaced with just "Documents".

Crysis 64Bit still exits as soon as it starts to load when you build the profile.

I see the same thing under Vista64 Business. I start to make a profile pointing to Bin64/Crysis.exe and Crysis.exe crashes as the profiling starts.

* The installer defaults the install location to "C:\Program Files (X86)\..." 64 bit software should go into "C:\Program Files\..." the Program Files (X86) folder is for 32 bit software

* The GJ preferences screen has an option to store your profiles in "My Documents". On Vista My Documents has been replaced with just "Documents".

This is because the client code (the application you see) is still 32 bit.

Now before anyone asks. ;) There is a 64 bit client on the road map. However at the present time, the fact is there is little/no benefit to a 64 bit client. As a result development is some way off. The other issue we face is the fact that 99% of games are 32 bit (and will remain so for the foreseeable future) there may well be issues with how a 64 bit client interacts with a 32 bit game.

So this version will only work with 32Bit games? I have not tried FarCry 64Bit yet.

Ryland if you have not tried it yet go to Crysis\32Bin\Crysis.exe and see if it works. Most of the servers are run PunkBuster and it does not work on the 64Bit version anyways. No more Crysis drive clicks :clap:

Update: Beta 3 FarCry version 1.22, 32Bit and 64Bit does not work with XP64. Exits after the disk is detected.
FarCry Version 1.22, 32Bit does work under XP with the Beta 3.

Last edited:
So this version will only work with 32Bit games? I have not tried FarCry 64Bit yet.

Ryland if you have not tried it yet go to Crysis\32Bin\Crysis.exe and see if it works. Most of the servers are run PunkBuster and it does not work on the 64Bit version anyways. No more Crysis drive clicks :clap:

Update: Beta 3 FarCry version 1.22, 32Bit and 64Bit does not work with XP64. Exits after the disk is detected.
FarCry Version 1.22, 32Bit does work under XP with the Beta 3.

I have not tried running the 32bit client. I may try it just to see what happens.

I installed Beta Three and rebooted and all my drives were still there, yippee! I managed to make a Working Profile For 'Bee Movie', (using complete image mode), double yippee!!

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but when I log in GameJackel asks if it can run or the OS asks, (vista x64 ultimate). Is there anyway to stop this? Also if I run GJ in my daughters account then Vista asks for a Admin password as my daughters account is not an admin account, any way around this one?

I installed Beta Three and rebooted and all my drives were still there, yippee! I managed to make a Working Profile For 'Bee Movie', (using complete image mode), double yippee!!

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but when I log in GameJackel asks if it can run or the OS asks, (vista x64 ultimate). Is there anyway to stop this? Also if I run GJ in my daughters account then Vista asks for a Admin password as my daughters account is not an admin account, any way around this one?

Turn UAC off, I run Vista 64 not really annoying after a few days to be honest...well for me I think.

http://blogs.msdn.com/uac/archive/2006/06/26/648165.aspx

This is because the client code (the application you see) is still 32 bit.

Now before anyone asks. ;) There is a 64 bit client on the road map. However at the present time, the fact is there is little/no benefit to a 64 bit client. As a result development is some way off. The other issue we face is the fact that 99% of games are 32 bit (and will remain so for the foreseeable future) there may well be issues with how a 64 bit client interacts with a 32 bit game.

I estimate that we have roughly three to five years before we see a 64 bit version of Windows start to be standard on new computer purchases. This estimate is based on the current number of new systems that come with 4 gigs of memory installed, as well as the amount of memory on video cards taking too much memory away due to the limits of 32 bit operating systems(where at 4 gigs of system memory you end up with 3.3 gigs of available memory with only a 512 meg video card. With 1 gig video cards, people will NOT accept the situation).

Unforunately 32 bit still is dominating the market and it would be nice if one gets a dual core or a C2D or even a quad core that only a 64 bit os would and could be installed and it wouldn't allow a 32 bit version. I know this would be cruel but MS isn't nice anyways.

Back