• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 3.0.0.0 beta (64 bit support)

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe

Very important note when installing on 64-bit system
The installer is coping the Game Jackal drivers to the wrong location. After installing (and before rebooting), you need to copy the 2 Game Jackal drivers maplom.sys and maploml.sys from
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Drivers
to
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Release v3.0.0.0 - beta 2

• Change to the version number format (to bring it into line with other SlySoft products).
  • New driver architecture.
  • 64 bit support.
  • Driver and application signing.
  • Improved Vista support (new manifest added which should force Vista to prompt for elevation if required).
  • Improved profile map support.
  • Improved advanced profile options including date fixing for a profile.
  • New interface skin.
  • Profile library location can now be explicitly set to a new location (this can currently be done by modifying the registry entries "Profile Library" and "Profile Library Dir")
  • Fixed a bug that was reporting invalid disk space when creating a profile.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the "missing file" message to be displayed at startup.
  • Numerous interface changes and updates.

To also add to this so it all works well you must do the following :

Open the following key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" and remove the maplom and maploml entries and then reboot.

AnyDVD users you may or may not have to just re-install anydvd on top of itself again and then reboot again. I took these steps myself and GJ and anydvd works in harmony.

I have yet to install any of my games just yet and use GJ as well this is my next step now.

To also add to this so it all works well you must do the following :

Open the following key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" and remove the maplom and maploml entries and then reboot.

AnyDVD users you may or may not have to just re-install anydvd on top of itself again and then reboot again. I took these steps myself and GJ and anydvd works in harmony.

I have yet to install any of my games just yet and use GJ as well this is my next step now.

Ok... we need to clarify a few things here.
1) The reason users cd/dvd drives are not showing up is because the Game Jackal drivers are not being found during boot (because they were installed in the incorrect location). This will prevent the driver stack from loading up correctly and hence Windows will no longer see the the cd/dvd drive(s). To over come this issue copy the drivers as described in the first post.
2) Removing the maplom and maploml entries from the registry simply prevents the Game Jackal drivers from loading... in which case GJ will not work.

So... to sum up. The registry should be left as changed by the installer and the drivers need to be copied as per the first post.

Now once we have determined that the drivers and installed correctly... then we can look at those users still having issues with cd/dvd drives missing after a reboot.

Ok... we need to clarify a few things here.
1) The reason users cd/dvd drives are not showing up is because the Game Jackal drivers are not being found during boot (because they were installed in the incorrect location). This will prevent the driver stack from loading up correctly and hence Windows will no longer see the the cd/dvd drive(s). To over come this issue copy the drivers as described in the first post.
2) Removing the maplom and maploml entries from the registry simply prevents the Game Jackal drivers from loading... in which case GJ will not work.

So... to sum up. The registry should be left as changed by the installer and the drivers need to be copied as per the first post.

Now once we have determined that the drivers and installed correctly... then we can look at those users still having issues with cd/dvd drives missing after a reboot.

When I didn't do the registry changes my drives were still undetected. The registry ordeal made all 3 drive 1 SATA/2 EIDE be detected.

When I didn't do the registry changes my drives were still undetected. The registry ordeal made all 3 drive 1 SATA/2 EIDE be detected.

I suspect that there is a driver issue on Vista 64 bit in which case the cd/dvd drive(s) will still be missing even after coping the drivers to the correct location. Unfortunately I'm not able to test this at the minute... but will report the moment I get a chance.

If you want to I can be your tester on this and just post it in the private testing room to get this resolved as I can access it.

Hmmm... comments like " i guess you didnt pay attention to the file shadowing in 64 bit" aren't very productive. Maybe you should do a little reading on the "File System Redirection/OS protection" feature of x64 before making such a comment. If you are not happy with moving the drivers as suggested... then that is up to you.

they're productive, they pinpoint a potential area where a bug is...
and no, im not happy moving drivers around, thats the responsibility of the installer isnt it?.. and im more than framiliar with the x64 operating systems...including the registry reflection which also caused problems for some of your x64 users with other products... so instead of having a go at me, why not sort out the bugs?

as i mentioned before, even copying in the drivers to the right place, is also no guarantee it works, due to the multi_sz key in the registry, when i installed it wiped out the pxhlp64a entry there, which caused the driver chain to be 'broken', only be reverting the change could i get my drives reading again, if i left the maploml there (even after copying the driver files) i was left with no drives...

Last edited:
and no, im not happy moving drivers around, thats the responsibility of the installer isnt it?.. and im more than framiliar with the x64 operating systems...including the registry reflection which also caused problems for some of your x64 users with other products... so instead of having a go at me, why not sort out the bugs?

as i mentioned before, even copying in the drivers to the right place, is also no guarantee it works, due to the multi_sz key in the registry, when i installed it wiped out the pxhlp64a entry there, which caused the driver chain to be 'broken', only be reverting the change could i get my drives reading again, if i left the maploml there (even after copying the driver files) i was left with no drives...

This is why 3.0 is still in beta, to find these sorts of problems before the official release. Beta=bugs, and anyone running a beta version should accept that. Note that if a workaround to an installer bug is available, it WILL let you use the product weeks if not months earlier than you would be able to normally.

So, if Slysoft released 3.0 now, with these bugs, then your complaint would be valid, but you accept risks of things not working as expected when you run a beta product.

First of all, I want to say thanks for making the 64 bit version (vista). The issue I found is this.
I've installed GJ, "Copied" the files to the folder specified.

Recieved the no DVD/CD issue and deleted the registry entries.

Rebooted

Created 2 new profiles Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 MW.

Tried, worked once.

Rebooted

Start either game now I get "This profile is not licensed to this Game Jackal installation."

So to recap, I installed, "copied" (not moved) the 2 files as stated and deleted registry entries to get drives back.

Hopefully we'll get another beta today as I had to do the same but couldn't ever start any of my games. Games installed are new and created a profile in the game and in GJ but no luck the issue is that the registry deal removes the filters needed to run GJ and they are not there now so this will happen.

yup, also got the 'not licensed' problem when messing with the files..

yup, also got the 'not licensed' problem when messing with the files..

I think this happens when you remove the registry key said earlier. I am fairly new at this so it's a learning process for me. We'll have to wait on mathew to tell us what's next.

odd thing is that gj runs without the filters active, it of course messes up with trying to make a profile etc, but perhaps also adding in a check to see if the filter drivers are loaded / active could be a good idea too for troubleshooting problems such as the ones we've all faced here...

so instead of having a go at me, why not sort out the bugs?

Matthew may have felt that you were trying to insult him; I'm not sure. The wording of your initial post does seem a little confrontational, but I am not sure that was your intent.

Regardless, let's just try to help each other out please. There's no need for people to have to get upset or have their feelings hurt.

Unfortunately, because Vista 64 bit Ultimate is on my girlfriend's computer in my household (I *snicker* didn't want Vista on my computer . . . yet), I am reluctant to test this beta on her system (and I can't afford to have her yelling at me in case her filters get messed up--or if someone else goes wrong). If I had Vista 64 on my computer I'd be more than willing to test this beta (it is working o.k. on Windows XP 32 bit).

Hopefully the next beta will resolve these driver and filter issues.

Last edited:
I have a good backup image so I don't care personally, and I do hate playing with the registry but will for slysoft to get things worked out. I will continue to test the games I own on the beta and hope to soon get that resolved and get more games soon. It is sad that the team gets bashed and it has gotten so bad now they choose to not even be seen as online now this is sader than anything as they do try to give us what we need to accomplish what we want and I think the want and demmanding needs to hault as well as none of us are forced to use a beta version. Maybe for now onthe beta's released needs a warning added that slysoft is not responsible for damages but will assist you the best we can? Just a thought. When I post firmware updates for the PSP I put these warnings as well on my posts to keep me out of any legal actions.

New Windows Update KB943899 won't install correctly, boot error

When i install the new Windows update KB943899 with GJ 3.0.0.0 installed i get a boot error saying that Windows didn't shutdown correctly, i then select to boot Windows normally and Windows will start, but, sometimes (not all the time) i get another error after selecting boot normally, the error says that a file is missing or corrupt and Windows will fail to boot, it also says that i need to start my system with the Wondows DVD to repair Windows, all this also acurs when i uninstall the KB943899 update.

As soon as i uninstall GJ 3.0.0.0 the KB943899 update will install and uninstall without issue, i have tested this about 25-30 times and the installation of the KB943899 update only fails (on the reboot) when GJ 3.0.0.0 is installed, if i uninstall GJ 3.0.0.0 and reinstall GJ 2.9.18.610 the KB943899 update also installs/uninstalls without issue.

EDIT: The file that is being reported as missing or corrupt is C:\Windows\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys

BTW, I'm using Windows Vista 32bit.

Last edited:
For those joining this thread, I'm just simply going to recommend not using this beta unless you use Windows XP 32 bit edition. If you think you know what you're doing, then go ahead, but use this beta at your own risk.

Last edited:
This beta failed to work for me to. No DVD rom drives after install.

This is how I installed the beta

1. Made an Acronis 10 Complete backup just incase.
2. Installed the beta.
3. Did not reboot as requested.
4. Copied files to location stated, (left drivers in copy from folder to).
5. Rebooted.
6. Logged into my account, (adminstrator account).
7. Beta launched UAC pop up box clicked allow box.
8. Beta ran.
9. AnyDVD said no DVD drives.
10. Check file manager and no DVD drives, Both my drives had gone.
11. Turned off UAC and rebooted, logged in and still no DVDs.
12. Uninstalled Beta and rebooted, DVD drives both returned.

Software installed

Vista x64 Ultimate, (SP1 Beta, Build 6001).
AnyDVD HD Ver 6.0.3.0.
Comodo Firewall Pro Ver 3.0.14.276.
Avast Anti-Virus Ver 3.7 Build 3.7.1098.
Counter Spy 2 Ver 2.5.1042.
cFosSpeed Ver 4.06.1353.
Mail Washer Pro Ver 5.3.
Windows Mobile Device Centre. Ver 6.1.6965.
Logitech SetPoint Ver 400.126.
Logitech G15 Keyboard Gaming Panel Ver 2.00.171.
Windows Live Messanger Ver 8.1.0178.00

All legal software licences owned,(no cracks on pc at all).

I am not sure if any other software runs at boot but that's what is on my bar by the clock on the bottom right.

Waiting for next beta. :)

Last edited:

First of all, I wasn't having a go at you. I was simply pointing out that you post was... well inaccurate.

as i mentioned before, even copying in the drivers to the right place, is also no guarantee it works due to the multi_sz key in the registry, when i installed it wiped out the pxhlp64a entry there, which caused the driver chain to be 'broken', only be reverting the change could i get my drives reading again, if i left the maploml there (even after copying the driver files) i was left with no drives...
This is odd... as I've said this has been tested over and over again without issue. Can you try the following test?
1) Open up the registry, then add a dummy entry to the UpperFilters and / or Lowerfilters values.
2) Run the installer, but do not reboot.
3) Check the registry, then dummy values should still be there.

I know you have mentioned this (however there is a lot of posts to go through :confused:). Are you running XP or Vista?

odd thing is that gj runs without the filters active, it of course messes up with trying to make a profile etc, but perhaps also adding in a check to see if the filter drivers are loaded / active could be a good idea too for troubleshooting problems such as the ones we've all faced here...

Not a bad idea. I will check to see if this is possible to implement for beta 3.

To sum up here...
1) GJ is failing on Vista 64, even after coping the drivers.
2) Has anyone been able to get it working on XP 64?

I am working on beta 3... so I'm hoping to have something out soon.

Webslinger said:
For those joining this thread, I'm just simply going to recommend not using this beta unless you use Windows XP 32 bit edition. If you think you know what you're doing, then go ahead, but use this beta at your own risk.
This is good advice... I will place this with the download.

Last edited:
Back