• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 2.9.18.590 released

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Release v2.9.18.590 - release (2007-09-20)
- Updated blacklisting support.
- Improved German language support.
- Improved dynamic extended profiling.
- Inclusion of the Battlefield Performance Plugin. This will fix the performance issue
some users have been experiencing with the Battlefield series.
- Minor interface updates.
- Update to the plugin interface (added extended event types).
- Small changes to improve Enterprise support.

Neverwinter Nights 2 DVD still doesn't work under Vista with this new version. I get the same 9 minute "finalizing profile" which results in a bad profile.

@Tom

Regarding the ussue with Acronis TrueImageMonitor.exe, with this new version of Game Jackal does the registry value "Use MaplomHSW" (under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal") need to be reset back to (1) or should we leave it set to equal (0).

Thanks!

@Tom

Regarding the ussue with Acronis TrueImageMonitor.exe, with this new version of Game Jackal does the registry value "Use MaplomHSW" (under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal") need to be reset back to (1) or should we leave it set to equal (0).

Thanks!
Leave it as "0".

Neverwinter Nights 2 DVD still doesn't work under Vista with this new version. I get the same 9 minute "finalizing profile" which results in a bad profile.

Interesting... This is one of our test games and it works fine here. What are the specific details of the issue?

Interesting... This is one of our test games and it works fine here. What are the specific details of the issue?

I will try again after a full reboot, but Windows Vista Home Premium, 4 gigs system memory, Asus M2R32-MVP motherboard, and obviously using 2.9.18.590.

When you did YOUR tests, how long does the profile take to create? Does it take the 5-9 minutes? I use the NWN2 profile within Game Jackal with auto mode.

Edit: Rebooted, tested again:

Ultra High Scan: Fast Drive takes 55-59 minutes
Auto: Takes 9 minutes

Results:
On trying to run NWN2 with Game Jackal after trying both methods above, I get the "Neverwinter Nights 2 has stopped working" garbage.

The following is from the details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: nwn2main.exe
Application Version: 1.0.6.980
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: nwn2main.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.6.980
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0092a33a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2309
Additional Information 2: 62d79df7d790999d51cc9f537eb5220e
Additional Information 3: 9186
Additional Information 4: 96116c192735bc551d1ac69a081f2371

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Last edited:
Application Name: nwn2main.exe
Application Version: 1.0.6.980
Fault Module Name: nwn2main.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.6.980
Exception Code: c0000005 << memory exception error
Exception Offset: 0092a33a << happened in the game exe itself
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 << vista?

end result - game crashed itself, check drivers, direct x etc..
also, does it happen if you dont use game jackal? (if not, its possibly some of gamejackals hooks)

end result - game crashed itself, check drivers, direct x etc..
also, does it happen if you dont use game jackal? (if not, its possibly some of gamejackals hooks)

While there are some people here that would post without checking, I am not one of them. This is a problem with Game Jackal(game works perfectly if I launch the game without GJ).

This problem tends to show up if Game Jackal is not able to create a profile correctly due to problems with Game Jackal itself. From experience, if Game Jackal needs more than 1-2 minutes to create a profile, the profile will NOT be created properly, and trying to use a "broken" profile will cause problems like this. When Game Jackal had problems with Civilization 4 under Windows Vista for example, the same problem would show up, the profile would take over 5 minutes to be created, and then would not work.

Crashing of the app is a bad reaction between the copy protection mechanism and Game Jackal. Some apps may not crash but may just demand the original CD/DVD. Others, like NWN2 will just crash.

This problem is also a Windows Vista and Game Jackal problem since I have used Game Jackal with Neverwinter Nights 2 under Windows XP without a problem. There have been a good number of updates since Slysoft took over Game Jackal, most of them due to Vista issues. As a result, I do not blame Slysoft, and actually thank them for their hard work on the problems caused by Vista.

Still having both problems... If you need more information, I will give it to you, but I provided all the initial information in the "do not work" thread.

I can also confirm what Targon says. I'm running the latest Vista Home Premium, up-to-date NVidia drivers and direct x drivers.

Under windows XP and GJ NWN2 worked fine.
Under windows Vista without using GJ NWN2 loads fine (needs CD of course) but with GJ I get one of three problems - "Insert DVD" or a BSOD's and crashes out. Or else "NWN2 has stopped working..."

Creating the profile also takes 10 mins here. This latest version of GJ does some sort of profile creation before running NWN2, then loads NWN2 (i let it run all the way to the game menu without skipping anything). After quitting the game it then took 10 mins to profile.

Here's the details given by windows:

Application Name: nwn2main_amdxp.exe
Application Version: 1.0.5.912
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: nwn2main_amdxp.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.5.912
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0072b553
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 1e7e
Additional Information 2: a1f99e0ddb2c69e681ffd418df1a19bd
Additional Information 3: 4401
Additional Information 4: d37616dedbf251d674f81bdf7ac61e6c

Having looked at Targons' data I think i'll check to see if there's an update to my version of NWN2 :) But the same problem exists.

Thanks.
Sam

I'll post this one as a seperate item as it's a "across the board" GJ problem I have.

90% of the games I run or try to profile refuse to be deactivated. I run a profile or I try to profile a game and when I quit the game GJ refuses to notice and is still flashing it's icon and I have to select "deactivate ##{game}##" to end the process and then start profiling, but by hitting deactivate the profiling goes wrong most of the time.

I love GJ but that problem is doing my head in!

Sam

All those having problems with NWN2, please try :-
Open regedit, head to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" and change the value "Use MaplomH" to 0 and then test again.

I'll post this one as a seperate item as it's a "across the board" GJ problem I have.

90% of the games I run or try to profile refuse to be deactivated. I run a profile or I try to profile a game and when I quit the game GJ refuses to notice and is still flashing it's icon and I have to select "deactivate ##{game}##" to end the process and then start profiling, but by hitting deactivate the profiling goes wrong most of the time.

I love GJ but that problem is doing my head in!

Sam

There is a file called "Proc Monitor.log" located in the GJ directory, can you post it here please (after you run a game that requires you to manually deactivate).

All those having problems with NWN2, please try :-
Open regedit, head to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" and change the value "Use MaplomH" to 0 and then test again.

I shut down Game Jackal, set Use MaplomH to 0 using regedit, restarted Game Jackal, same results. 9 minutes to create the profile using Auto.

Reboot required?

Most applications read the registry settings when they start, so what I did SHOULD have worked. Of course, if there is a service involved, then rebooting after the registry change might be required. I will wait for a Slysoft post before spending another ten minutes trying to make another profile though.

I shut down Game Jackal, set Use MaplomH to 0 using regedit, restarted Game Jackal, same results. 9 minutes to create the profile using Auto.

9 minutes is not out of the ordinary for a DVD (there is many... many sectors to scan). What i need to know is if you are still getting the error when the game starts??

Hi Matthew.

I did the regedit thing to 0 and now all NWN2 does when trying to make a profile is BSOD (did it twice in a row).

Data on BSOD as below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FB42BB83
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 82037A34
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092407-01.dmp
C:\Users\Bifford\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-87250-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Bifford\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB4C.tmp.version.txt

---
[EDIT to include more comp info]

GJ : 2.9.18.590
DVD Version of NWN2. LAWFUL GOOD UK version.
32 bit version of Windows Vista
Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR ( http://msicomputer.co.uk/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=546&maincat_no=1 )
Chipsets: NVIDIA® nForce2 SPP Chipset
NVIDIA® nForce2 MCP2/MCP2-T Chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
NVIDIA GForce 6800 (Driver date 06/07/2007; Driver version 7.15.11.6222)
NEC DVD RW ND3500AG ATA - DVD Rom
1x SATA HD (C: and D: (NWN2 in C: most other games in F: ) and 2x IDE and external USB HDs

Last edited:
Back