• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game of Thrones Season 4 issue

Riptide

I've backed up 100s of disks over the years with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. As far as I'm concerned, it's been the best money I've ever spent - I even bought a copy for my mom to back up their stuff. I've occasionally had issues over the years, but it's usually been issue free. However I'm now running into an issue that I haven't come across and that I haven't been able to resolve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to back up a copy of Game of Thrones - Season 4. I've done the first 3 seasons using a version of AnyDVD that's older then 7.6.9.5 (it likely hadn't been updated in 2-3 years) and did not have any issues what so ever. But with Season 4 what would happen is AnyDVD would take forever to scan the disc. Sometimes it would error out (I wish I'd taken screen shots of those), and other times it would seem like it's fine. The times it's seems like it worked, I'd open up CloneDVD to rip it, and CloneDVD would show the run time of the video as 0:00 and would "process" the rip in seconds. I've updated CloneDVD to ver 2.9.3.3 (I was a couple versions behind), however that didn't change anything. I tried updating AnyDVD to 7.6.9.5 (last version that I could use my old license on), and I had the same issues (log file is below). I then tried updating to version 8.1.2.0 (trial) and it's the exact same issues.

One of the errors that popped up said something about being able to not read the disk. I've never before had an issue with my DVD RW (2-3 years old) and there's not a mark on the discs (bought new, used once). I've tried a couple different discs from season 4 and it's all the same thing (although that error has only popped up intermittently). Usually AnyDVD just takes forever to scan the disc then it stops as if it's done.

I've attached the logfiles for both versions.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_G_GAME_OF_THRONES_S4_DISC1.ziplog
    84.6 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_G_GAME_OF_THRONES_S4_DISC1.ziplog
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm trying to back up a copy of Game of Thrones - Season 4.
Disable AnyDVD when copying backups. In my experience it can cause problems with previously backed-up DVD copies. Just use CloneDVD by itself with your previous backups.

Another option is use Windows Explorer to copy the content of the burned disc to your hard drive.

Use CloneDvd or ImgBurn to burn the copied content on the hard drive back to a blank disc.

Disable AnyDVD when copying backups. In my experience it can cause problems with previously backed-up DVD copies. Just use CloneDVD by itself with your previous backups.

1) How is that going to work then? You need the AnyDVD to get past the copy protection.
2) Doesn't work. CloneDVD isn't seeing something for it to make the copy. The runtime for the video when I do that is 0:00, and CloneDVD "completes" the task in 2 seconds.

Just Curious said:
Another option is use Windows Explorer to copy the content of the burned disc to your hard drive.

Never thought of that. However I just tried it, and I get a Windows Explorer progress bar that isn't moving at all. After a few minutes I get an error saying that "can't read from the source file or disk."

FYI, I'm working off of the original discs - not a burned copy.

"I'm trying to back up a copy of Game of Thrones - Season 4"

I assumed you were trying to "copy a burned copy"

Your region is set so if the issue is with an original disc you might try cleaning the original dvd

If that does not work obtain a replacement original dvd and try again

1) How is that going to work then? You need the AnyDVD to get past the copy protection.
2) Doesn't work. CloneDVD isn't seeing something for it to make the copy. The runtime for the video when I do that is 0:00, and CloneDVD "completes" the task in 2 seconds.

Never thought of that. However I just tried it, and I get a Windows Explorer progress bar that isn't moving at all. After a few minutes I get an error saying that "can't read from the source file or disk."

FYI, I'm working off of the original discs - not a burned copy.
This is EXTREMELY unusual for an original disc with this title to not have any protection. AnyDVD does not show any protection so you should be able to make a copy with AnyDVD disabled. With AnyDVD running and a disc with no protection, it does some strange things sometimes. Disc with NO protection, I disable AnyDVD, it's not needed.
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.2.0, BDPHash.bin 17-05-03)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB00 0620
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2285888 sectors (4464 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GAME_OF_THRONES_S4_DISC1
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 6 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Copy protection removed on a backup DVD. No need to have AnyDVD active with a backup copy. AnyDVD can actually interfere with backups.

Your log files show ZERO copy protection.

Copy protection removed on a backup DVD. No need to have AnyDVD active with a backup copy. AnyDVD can actually interfere with backups.

Your log files show ZERO copy protection.

I'm not using a backup copy - it's the original store bought discs. But it's interesting that the logfiles are showing no copy protection on the discs. When I try just running CloneDVD with AnyDVD disabled, I get a popup saying that CloneDVD is unable to read video files from the disc with a read error, and it's suggesting I clean the disc. The disc is spotless with no marks, scuffs or scratches.

I think my next step is attempting this with another DVD drive (I have another one I can try that's brand new). Other than that, I'm not sure.

"The disc is spotless with no marks, scuffs or scratches"

I have had a few such discs that I could NOT copy until I cleaned them with soap and water.

If cleaning did not work I would try another drive to read the disc (I have several brands of drives)

If a different drive did not work I'd obtain a replacement original.

Note: The replacement may have the same issue. Sometimes you need to try two or more replacements before you can copy a particular title.

Back