• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackel within a Virtual Machine

Lumix

Hello world,
I am working with support right now on an issue. I am trying to build a game system to play many old school games I own. I am using VMWare Player and have built a WinXp system. The game installs went fine but when I put Game Jackal on, it immediately thinks the trial period is over. I purchased Game Jackal and even after registering it will not open.

I have seen several posts about using Game Jackal in VM's. Can I get some feedback from anyone who got this to work? Anyone have similar problems, or not? What VM engine (Microsoft, VMWare, Oracle, other?) :bowdown:

1/21/12 PM
I wanted to update that it appears that the VM is not the problem, it's the build of the OS. As I was able to get Game Jackal running on a WinXP build running SP3 that had started its life as a VM. Waiting for more, but Win XP pro, 32 bit, original release (pre-service packs) looks to be what's causing Game Jackal to malfunction.

Many thanks,

Last edited:
I understand this is being handled by support... but there is not technical reason for there to be a license issue (providing you applied the license in the VM).

Hello world,

1/21/12 PM
I wanted to update that it appears that the VM is not the problem, it's the build of the OS. As I was able to get Game Jackal running on a WinXP build running SP3 that had started its life as a VM. Waiting for more, but Win XP pro, 32 bit, original release (pre-service packs) looks to be what's causing Game Jackal to malfunction.

Many thanks,

Yes, you mentioned that in Support also and I expect Matthew will respond.
Since the original Game Jackal was developed after SP1 for XP and we took that over in 2007 I doubt we'll take it back to a version of XP out of the box.

We're following this up in Support to gather data.

Last edited:
Back