• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal v5.0 Beta

matthew

SlySoft Team Member
Game Jackal v5.0 has finally arrived! This first beta focuses primarily on the interface changes, with a number of "under the hood" updates coming in subsequent beta releases.

[Download here]

Getting started
Game Jackal v5 installs right along side Game Jackal v4 so there is no need to uninstall v4 prior to installing v5.
Note - If you do uninstall v4 after installing v5, then you will need to reinstall v5.

The Game Jackal v5 beta installer does not automatically transfer existing profiles, to transfer your existing profiles do the following.
1) Start menu -> Game Jackal v5 -> Stop service.
2) Open the profile folder for v4 (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Library)
3) Copy all files from this folder to the v5 profile folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\Game Jackal v5\Profile Library).
4) Start Game Jackal v5

Reporting issues
If you find any bugs please report them in the forum. Please check that you are not repeating a bug previously reported by another user. If the bug is a profile that does not work, please post the following.
1) The name of the game and the copy protection used.
2) The issue experienced.
3) Attached the profile's log files (see here on attaching logs).

If the bug is an interface bug, please post a screen shot if possible, in addition to explaining how to reproduce the bug.

Feedback
Fell free to post your thoughts on the new interface, the themes it currently supports, any ideas you may have to improve the new version.

Known issues and limitations
* Some of the language components still need to be updated.
* The view has a compact mode which has not been enabled.

Screen shot
gjv5_beta1.jpg

Last edited:
V5 is VERY nice. I use GJ for one game I own, The Sims 3 series, and with v4 the game had considerable lag before starting, over 30 seconds. V5 was nearly instantaneous before the EA logo movie started playing.

Is the v5 GUI Win 8 style? Would be nice to have some tooltips pop up to indicate what the icons do, both the main window icons and those for the profiles.

Creating a desktop shortcut does work for the profile, but the shortcut does not start the game, it only starts a new manager window that is minimized. I tried importing a v4 profile, and creating a new v5 profile, and still no game launch using the shortcut. You have to start the game from the manager window. Is there anything I can do, such as a copy of the profile or a log, to help in tracking down this bug?

Since the game I use GJ for is not a game in the predefined profile maps when creating a profile for The Sims 3 University Life I used an earlier game's profile map and modified the name and game executable location. To me the v5 process is easier and more intuitive than it was when creating a v4 profile for the game.

Over all this beta is very nice. I can't wait to see how it gets improved with later updates. Thank you very much matthew for letting people use the beta.

The Game Jackal v5 beta installer does not automatically transfer existing profiles, to transfer your existing profiles do the following.
1) Start menu -> Game Jackal v5 -> Stop service.
2) Open the profile folder for v4 (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Library)
3) Copy all files from this folder to the v5 profile folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\Game Jackal v5\Profile Library).
4) Start Game Jackal v5

Does the main menu option to import a profile not work, or not work with v4 profiles?

Is the v5 GUI Win 8 style? Would be nice to have some tooltips pop up to indicate what the icons do, both the main window icons and those for the profiles.

I agree, we will take a look at this.

Creating a desktop shortcut does work for the profile, but the shortcut does not start the game, it only starts a new manager window that is minimized. I tried importing a v4 profile, and creating a new v5 profile, and still no game launch using the shortcut. You have to start the game from the manager window. Is there anything I can do, such as a copy of the profile or a log, to help in tracking down this bug?

There is a bug in the create shortcut option.

Does the main menu option to import a profile not work, or not work with v4 profiles?

There is a bug with the import / export option.

Will there also be an Enterprise version of version 5?

Not sure if there will be a new enterprise interface, however enterprise will be compatible with v5.

matthew, thank you for your reply. As annoying as it is to have certain features not be working, it is gratifying to know the devs know of the situation. I can't wait for the next beta. :)

Hi Mathew

Just received an email today advising on the new update and download. Have been playing with it. Firstly very nice and congrats, I like it a lot, the change is good. A bit of a large interface initially but I see you are working on a compact option.

Is version 5.1.0.0 still beta, as I have already picked up some issues to bring to your attention, or you might be aware of.

1. If I resize the main "box" to a single row of launchers, whether SlySoft panel is open or not, and I open the setting window, it is "cut off" so no access to the "Close" radio button, and no facility to scroll in it with mouse wheel or a slider bar with arrows. so one has to keep a minimum of two rows visible of the launchers. My screen is a 27" flat at 1920x1080 HD.
2. Game launchers also affected when adjusting the main window size, cannot use a mouse wheel to scroll in the window to others further down, can only use the supplied slide bar with arrows.
3. In settings, nothing happening when clicking on "Multi processor options"

Regards

I see there is a new release version for Game Jackal, 5.1.0.0. Does this version fix the tooltip and shortcut creation problems that beta 5.0 had? Of should I wait for an update?

Having the option of changing image background size and the font text size would be great. ;)

Back