• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Pro

Mitch1966

When starting Game Jackal Pro I frequently get the message unable to connect to the server. The only way I have found to resolve this is to uninstall then reinstall the program which is a major pain! Anyone help please?

"Mitch1966;315086]When starting Game Jackal Pro I frequently get the message unable to connect to the server. The only way I have found to resolve this is to uninstall then reinstall the program which is a major pain! Anyone help please?"

"Mitch1966;315086]When starting Game Jackal Pro I frequently get the message unable to connect to the server. The only way I have found to resolve this is to uninstall then reinstall the program which is a major pain! Anyone help please?"

Same issue here

I'm getting exctly the same problem. I'm using Win 7 Home Prem (64 bit) on a Dell XPS 14z laptop.

It's weird, Game Jackal works perfectly - starting and stopping games all day long, but if I swtich off the PC completely for the night and then come back the next day, sure enough, "Can't connect to server" comes up when I try to run Game Jackal or a profile (I don't have GJ autostart with Windows). I have to reinstall GJ again to get it going.

I'm using AVG Free and Zone Alarm Free (both completely up to date), not to mention tha latest Game Jackel Pro (4.1.1.7), of course.

I hope there's a cure for this as it's a major pain having to keep reinstalling it every day I use it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
perhaps try running the gj diagnostic, if you are lucky it will fix it without needing a reboot

No, running the diagnostics simply says the same error - "Unable to connect to Game Jackal server, contact support".

Does anyone from GJ support actually read these forums, or is it basically a waste of time posting here if you want their input?

Cheers.

Mark

Does anyone from GJ support actually read these forums, or is it basically a waste of time posting here if you want their input?

Cheers.

Mark

Normally, if you'd contact Slysoft support you'll always get an answer.

That's the best way, because this Forum is a user to user based Forum. Most of the time, the users here haven't had the same issue creep up before, so that is why no one has responded yet.

If other people had your issue, others would respond in kind.

Good luck.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of action for a number of days.

When you reinstall, are you rebooting? I'm just trying to understand the sequence.
i.e. Doesn't work, reinstall the run and all ok. or doesn't work, reinstall, reboot and all ok.

It's odd, it's a 2-stage reinstall. First off whenever I've shut down the laptop completely and powered it down, I then find that next day when I power it back on and try to run GJ or a GJ game it doesn't work, coming up with the error "Unable to conect to Game Jackel server, contact support" message.

If I then run the installation setup program it gets so far into it and says Game Jackel Server failed to install with error "System Error Code 1072 specified service had been marked for deletion". You then click on "OK" and it goes through the rest of the install, finally saying your system needs to reboot.

Once you do the reboot and then run the install setup again it all flys in properly as it's supposed to and Game Jackal starts working again. I can run the game profiles, start games and stop games, run other things in between and it all keeps working fine untill I do a full power down of the laptop. Next time I turn it back on I have to do the reinstall all over again (twice, with a reboot in between) to get it going again.

And just for good measure, once it's crashed you can't run the diagnostics as it fails on the "Can't connect to the Game Jackal Server" error as well. Once it's been reinstalled and it's working again you can run the diagnostics and get a log TXT file on the desktop as you'd want.

If there's anything I can do to stop this run around I'd be happy to try it.

Cheers.

Mark

The message "System Error Code 1072 specified service had been marked for deletion" during the install suggests some other process or application is uninstalling the GJ service either at boot or over time. May be check your AV software??

GJ has always lived in harmony with AVG Free and Zone Alarm Free before on all my previous computers. How would I go about checking this?

Mark

Do these have logs? You could try re-installing and the checking the logs to see if AVG Free is uninstalling the GJ service.

The bottom line is something on your system is explicitly uninstalling the GJ service from the Windows services, unless we can determine what this is, there is not much more we can do.

Do these have logs? You could try re-installing and the checking the logs to see if AVG Free is uninstalling the GJ service.

The bottom line is something on your system is explicitly uninstalling the GJ service from the Windows services, unless we can determine what this is, there is not much more we can do.

Mathew,

Here are the logs - one with a new install of GJPro that works, and one when GJPro has stopped working and it can't connect to the server.

Do they tell you anything, where it's going wrong?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately there is not much we can do. The only thing I can tell you is something on your system (not GJ), is uninstalling the GJ service. Unless you can determine what this is, we are kinda stuck.

Mathew,

Are there any known candidates that do this? It's not as if I have anything rare or esoteric on my system so it ought to be known to you as a possibility, maybe?

Mark

Back