• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Pro is out!

That is the number I used for the upgrade. Unfortunately you cannot specify a quantity.

Yeah, I actually received two emails containing two different order numbers. You may have to wait for further emails or a response from Slysoft.

Nor does it mention what you were previously licensed for

I'm not sure what's happening, if anything, for former Enterprise customers. However, for everyone else the upgrade price is $10. So unless you're a former Enterprise user (and I'm not sure that makes a difference), what you were previously licensed for shouldn't matter.

upgrade problems

well, when I tried to pay for an upgrade, using the order number and email addresswhich slysoft sent me ( which matched my original purchase records ) I got the error message: licence already upgraded

I don't understand how anyone else could have used my license number already, and my email address ???. I've not shared this info with anyone.

I've sent an email query, but having also seen the post about NWN2 not working after upgrade, I'm going to wait for that to be resolved before payign for an "improved" version of GJ, as that's the game I mostly use GJ for.

IF it ain't broke, don't fix it.!

The only game I have that my old GJ version failed on is tomb raider anniversay, but I got that working with a manual hide-jack workaround, withhelp from the forum, & then just bypassed the whole TRA issue with a no-cd fixed exe which I found very easily!

I've sent an email query, but having also seen the post about NWN2 not working after upgrade, I'm going to wait for that to be resolved before payign for an "improved" version of GJ, as that's the game I mostly use GJ for.

I believe that's just my little issue. It doesn't appear to be affecting anyone else. I'm slowly narrowing the problem down.

GUTTED! I was so excited to get the email saying GameJackal had been released, I downloaded it and tried to install it, BANG! Does not work on Vista X64 :( I'm heart broken. I was getting my wallet out to!!!

Please can some nice sole at Slysoft confirm if there will or will not be a Vista X64 Version and if there is approx when it will be released? (Days, Weeks, Months, Never). I and a load of others are really gona want to know. :(

I'm pleased for all those x86 users, but x64 is the way of the future. :)

I'm not sure what's happening, if anything, for former Enterprise customers.

Do you know if they have any plans to bring out an Enterprise version?

The Pro version wouldn't be any use to us, as we're a Cybercafe.

Do you know if they have any plans to bring out an Enterprise version?

The Pro version wouldn't be any use to us, as we're a Cybercafe.

i'm sure i seen it was only going to be the pro version, contact slysoft for helping you out in your case

A link to an online/downloadable manual would be nice as well.

I would like to read what it is going to do to my current profiles and install before I apply my upgrade. From reading some of the threads here, it appears that a complete uninstall and cleaning would be the better way to upgrade, then install and then recreate my profiles.

I think I will wait a few days/weeks and let the dust settle/ iron out bugs/ new fixes etc until I do anyway. Everything I play works fine. So new real reason to apply the upgrade yet.

Last edited:
From reading some of the threads here, it appears that a complete uninstall and cleaning would be the better way to upgrade, then install and then recreate my profiles.

Uhhh, I don't know about that as none of my desktop profile shortcuts work now--and I can't create any shortcuts either. The profiles will work when activated directly from within GameJackal.

* Using the auto update feature, your version of Game Jackal Pro will always be the latest version available.

Does that mean that the update feature is embedded within the software so we will not need to download new versions ourselves? If so, what are the notification options regarding this feature?

Does that mean that the update feature is embedded within the software so we will not need to download new versions ourselves? If so, what are the notification options regarding this feature?

it will probably just inform you that theres a new version available to download

theres a new version available to download

I should read more slowly. What I quoted was the only part I read, and I was scrambling around on Slysoft's website, looking for an update. :doh: :D

Uhhh, I don't know about that as none of my desktop profile shortcuts work now--and I can't create any shortcuts either. The profiles will work when activated directly from within GameJackal.

I've had this issue before as well. (Maplom's version). I found that the best way to get desktop shortcuts to work is to create the profile with GJ and then from within GJ right click on the game's icon and send it to the desktop. I no longer had issues after I did that.

Give it a go, maybe it'll help out.

Does anyone know if our old profiles will work with this new version? I've bought the upgrade already but haven't installed it yet...

PS. I'm really happy this is finally out!

I've had this issue before as well. (Maplom's version). I found that the best way to get desktop shortcuts to work is to create the profile with GJ and then from within GJ right click on the game's icon and send it to the desktop. I no longer had issues after I did that.

That doesn't work. See here

I can't create profile shortcuts on either this computer nor on my laptop.

My profiles work (when I start them from within Game Jackal). My newly created profile shortcuts on my desktop don't work.
And if I attempt to create a desktop icon from within Game Jackal (right click profile and then select "create desktop shortcut", I get "List index out of bounds (-1)".

Last edited:
My newly created profile shortcuts on my desktop don't work.

I had the same problem... A quick look at the shortcut found that it was looking for an executable that didn't exist. I changed the executable to GameJackal_cl.exe and all of my desktop shortcuts are working...

I had the same problem... A quick look at the shortcut found that it was looking for an executable that didn't exist. I changed the executable to GameJackal_cl.exe and all of my desktop shortcuts are working...

Yeah, Loonie posted about that last night, and I made a sticky here

Back