• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal First release of SlySoft Game Jackel will come end of March...

I wonder if they are waiting for the new windows games to come out. Halo 2 will be on the pc on the 8th and from the way it reads from the disk it may not be able to work with game jackal. But anyhow I wonder how they will deal with this.

halo 2 will most likely be SmartE protection, which game jackal doesn't support anyway, all of the other major protections claim to be vista compatible, so could you explain the 'read from the disk' part to me?

Slysoft has been excellent at providing updates for AnyDVD when new types of copy protection come out. I would expect that they will be doing the same with Game Jackal, so I dont see why they would wait until these games come out to realease the first version. I would expect them to update it when the games come out.

halo 2 will most likely be SmartE protection, which game jackal doesn't support anyway, all of the other major protections claim to be vista compatible, so could you explain the 'read from the disk' part to me?

I was reading that halo 2 was going to be a game that would not need a install and it would run from the disk. And also because of vista they were going to get a lot of the new games to do this. I think this may be true for games that come out that will be cross platform. What Games have SmartE protection? I thought age of the empires 3 had this protection and it works with game jackal.

Age of Empires 3 SmartE -

hmm might work with gamejackal (never tried - havent got any smarte games)..
smarte is microsofts 'version' of safedisc, so i guess because gamejackal handles safedisc, the same might be said for smarte... in which case your question is answered hopefully...

running from disk though could be slower than hdd (or did you mean disk = hdd?), so i doubt it will be a 'forced' feature... we have to wait and see...

I was reading that halo 2 was going to be a game that would not need a install and it would run from the disk.

Actually, that isn't exactly the case. The game does indeed install itself from the disk. Its just that while it installs, the few files that are needed to allow you to start the game are running, so you're playing while it installs. Afterward, you do not need the disk at all, since all the files will be on the hard drive. :)

Actually, that isn't exactly the case. The game does indeed install itself from the disk. Its just that while it installs, the few files that are needed to allow you to start the game are running, so you're playing while it installs. Afterward, you do not need the disk at all, since all the files will be on the hard drive. :)

Your right I just saw an article on it you will even have to activate the game. I wonder if you will have to talk to someone every time you have to reinstall it.

Last edited:
Back