• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FYI or is it just me SLOW

damnskippy

Forums are painfully slow, it is 9:00 CST. I ran a trace route and as soon as I hit the OVH routers response times jump to about 150ms. That is not just terrible but not real good so that makes me think OVH is having issues or the server is.

Posted as an FYI mainly but I would be curious to know if it is just me so I can look into it.

It's not just you.

In my case, the connection problems appear to be between Chicago, Illinois and Paris, France when I do a traceroute. Pings skyrocket from 24-40 ms from Chicago to 170-240 ms from the next hop in Paris. There was initially packet loss but that was resolved. High pings times remained. I'm not getting any dropped packets or packet loss now.

Things are miserably slow however they do seem somewhat better than before even though it's still hard to tolerate.

Last edited:
Things seem to be nearly back to normal now. Maybe a very small bit of lag but it's barely noticeable. Between Chicago and Paris still results in high ping times.

Still not good for me, I am currently downloading the new AnyDVD at a whopping 5.4KB/sec.

Has anyone let the admin know? All my issues are at OVH, I can send the admin trace routes if they would like.

People are downloading the new beta like crazy. That has a slight impact on performance.

About an hour ago I was getting anydvd update about 7.4kb/s So it is everyone downloading plus a bit of bad weather too I bet?

I'm not surprised at the problems today with the new release but this is unrelated to last night when there was a problem. No one was downloading a new release back then. IMHO there is an issue with OVH.net that needs to be addressed and todays massive downloads isn't helping.

Agreed, though the forum is a little better this evening.

Back