Future supports?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by dacium, Feb 19, 2008.

1. dacium

dacium New Member

I am looking to by anydvdhd, but I am a bit concerned of future support.

As someone who works with AES alot, I know that anydvd hd cannot have brocken AES, and so it's secret trade secret method must be depedant on getting keys from some other players. If these keys are found out new discs won't work with them and slysoft has to update their software, this is all ok. However it seems that the senate of Antigua are about to pass legislation similair to the US's digital millenium copyrights act prohibiting circumventing copy protection.

Is slysoft is position to move to a different juristiction if this happens? Because if they aren't and its made illegal, slysoft could get shut down we might not get any updates, rendering the software useless for newer discs.

Also are slysoft able to reveal any more info about how anydvdhd works. I ask this because most of us are from counteries where I believe possession of anydvdhd in of itself maybe considered illegal depending on how it actually achieves the circumvention of the copy protection. It is surely illegal in the united states isn't it?

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

You know they did try this last year and Antigua fought back and won. I have yet to hear again of what you speak and curious to where's your source for this info?