• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Full disc 3D support?

Haha i knew that one was comin. But you're right. Don't think there's gonna be one posted :p

Well that doesn't make sense to me but they're the boss. Though there's more normal bd3d discs than uhd ones.
Depends on who you ask.
Personally, I find UHD (mostly HDR) by far more interesting that this 3D playstuff.
The annoying glasses aside, with a good movie and a good plot and if I can manage to ignore the glasses, I'll forget, that it's 3D anyway, so it might just as well have been 2D.
If I want to "enjoy" 3D, I have to concentrate on the 3D effects so hard, that I have no clue, what the movie is about (unless it's one of those simpleton movies, that are purely made to show off 3D anyway).
Watching 3D for the sake of it is interesting for a short while, but it gets boring fast - and annoying.

Add to that, that there are nearly no real 3D movies at all - for almost all of them 3D was added in post-processing, sometimes quite well sometimes not so much - it's sort of fake anyway.

3D is already on the retreat. I can see the "alternative" 2D presentations in cinemas filling up more and more, because people are slowly finding out that they want to watch the movie, not the 3D effects.

So - again it depends on who you ask. I'm quite happy about the UHD addition and couldn't care less about 3D.

That very well may be, but, a lot of us invested a lot of money into proper 3D setups. I don't have the issue you're describing. 3D looks fantastic on my plasma screen. I've not made the jump to 4K yet as I don't have the money, but, at some point I may and it'll be one of LG's 2016 OLED screens that still support 3D. I could only imagine what a 4K HDR 3D movie would look like. Too bad they didn't go that route. In any case, a lot of us go through a great many hoops to find and own 3D blu-rays, so, the support is definitely appreciated. Granted, I do all mine as MKV so I'm already set, but, I can appreciate those who want 3D disc processing.

I also want CloneBD to support 3D full backup because I would like a way to do away with all the extra audio and video streams and just do a slightly compressed "movie only" back up in full 1080p 3D, not side-by-side or over-under. I don't think 3D is going away even if 4K becomes the new high-def favorite. I am getting ready to get into VR and I think that is where 3D will really shine. Remember the "old" viewmasters and how much depth those slides had because it was right in front of your eyes. Can't wait to have 1080p resolution in both eyes instead of two 720p images laid over each other.

I too preferred the full 3D version and not the SBS type. I was so disappointed when all major player in TV manufactures did not include 3D version in their 2017 line-up instead I'll be also looking at the 2016 LG O'led 65"4k 3D when the price come down a bit..so please don't give up on the full 3D support.

Back