Frustrated as hell with DSM-320

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by jdm3, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jdm3

jdm3 Member

Does anyone know what setting to plug into mobile so that the video files will play on a Dlink DSM-320 and 320rd media lounge media servers? I would have thought generic divx would work, but NOOOOO. Dlink plugged in XVID, but not Divx.

Any chance Mobile can make xvids?

Thanks!

2. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Edit your devices.ini file and add the lines below. If it works, I don't think it is because of Xvid (which is technically identical to Divx), but rather because of slight differences in the AVI container.

Please let me know the result.

[* Generic (XviD)]
    Res1=320x240
    Res2=480x360
    Res3=640x480
    Res4=720x540
    ResAna1=320x180
    ResAna2=480x270
    ResAna3=640x360
    ResAna4=720x404
    ResAna5=852x480
    AllowNativeTVResolution=1
    Format=avi
    moac=mp3lame
    movc=xvid
    mopts=-noodml -lameopts br=%abrate% -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%%PASS%
    FileType=avi
    VTag=XVID
    ARate=48000
    ABRate=128
    MVolume=10
    Quality=23
    useMencoder=1
    SubTitle=1
    MaxVBitrate=3000

3. HTKatzmarek

HTKatzmarek Member

I have the DSM-520 and had the exact same problem. I've added the entry from the previous post to my .ini file, and it works great! I would suggest that this entry be a part of the base software for future revisions, so people can make this selection to work with products like the DSM-520.

Thanks for the help!

4. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Ok, the latest version should work - using "Generic DivX".

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9634

Please let me know the specifics for your DSM-520, so I can add an own profile.
    I need the exact screen resolution and the max bitrates and whatever else you can find.

5. HTKatzmarek

HTKatzmarek Member

I'm not sure how/where to find the information you're looking for. Can you give me more specifics, and I'll be glad to look for anything you need.

All I did so far was copy the profile you gave to the end of my .ini file. I then selected that profile as my option to create the AVI file. Instead of it hanging like it had been after a few seconds, it played via the DSM-520 without issue.

6. HTKatzmarek

HTKatzmarek Member

7. Orionys

Orionys Member

I have had similar issues with my newly aquired DSM-520. Great unit with potential.

The research I have found is that the DSM-520 does not support AC audio. Most of my CloneDVDMobile produced DivX media starts to play, no audio, and hangs somewhere in the first 10 seconds. Others play fine, but only about 5% of my total library. Not sure if that helps or not, but the responses on other forums related to this was the AC audio format was possible a licensed codec and Dlink did not want to support that.

Other issues I found with the DivX media produced from CloneDVDMobile, is that the audio output is not as high a quality produced as native DivX. I found this out when trying to take my high quality DivX files and convert them again to WMV since CloneDVDMobile WMV support for Zune isn't fully supported. I found another convert that does produced supported WMV's for the Zune directly. But when converting the DivX files, the audio is very bad and almost inaudible.

8. HTKatzmarek

HTKatzmarek Member

Generic DivX does work now with the latest version of the program. I did notice however, that the volume is very soft. I have to turn up the volume on the system to max to get a reasonable volume. Any way to modify the .ini to get a greater volume?