• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fruits Basket: Bad disc?

Kirben

I'm having problems playing episodes on the second disc of Fruits Basket, the Blu-ray player seems to be stuck seeking, and I get 'The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.' under Event Viewer.

Bad luck, and a faulty new disc? or possible new protection?

I'm using AnyDVD 8.1.8.1. on Windows 7 SP1 (x64).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.1_Info_D_FRUITSBASKET_D2.ziplog
    184.4 KB · Views: 8
I'm having problems playing episodes on the second disc of Fruits Basket, the Blu-ray player seems to be stuck seeking, and I get 'The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.' under Event Viewer.

Bad luck, and a faulty new disc? or possible new protection?

I'm using AnyDVD 8.1.8.1. on Windows 7 SP1 (x64).
Faulty / dirty disc and / or drive. Check for an invisible film on the surface.

Thanks for confirming the disc was faulty, the disc surface looked fine, so I was unsure.

The Blu-ray drive seems fine, as no other Blu-ray/DVD discs are showing errors.

Thanks for confirming the disc was faulty, the disc surface looked fine, so I was unsure.
The Blu-ray drive seems fine, as no other Blu-ray/DVD discs are showing errors.
The reply confirmed nothing was wrong or bad. It's up to the owner to verify where the error is coming from. Only confirmation if the disc is bad if the second copy of the same series disc works. "The blu-ray drive seems fine" isn't a verification of problems or lack of and what is meant by "no other Blu-Ray discs are showing error" as no one can confirm that either. Your stretching what was said to check as something they can't verify to.

How would you confirm a disc is definitely fault then, without re-buying the title?

In this case:
The disc has been tested on two different Pioneer BDR drives (205,209).
The main Pioneer BD-R drive is used for playback of various titles every night, so any faults would be spotted quickly.
There are no signs of any scratches or spots on the disc surface at all.

How would you confirm a disc is definitely fault then, without re-buying the title?

In this case:
The disc has been tested on two different Pioneer BDR drives (205,209).
The main Pioneer BD-R drive is used for playback of various titles every night, so any faults would be spotted quickly.
There are no signs of any scratches or spots on the disc surface at all.
Please check out this link here below:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.71489/#post-456463

That is the tried and true method of checking to see if your disc (and drive also) is defective or not.

:)

Back