• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fresh win10 install on one computer, Anydvd not working on another

This may sound crazy and it plays into some people's belief that I'm paranoid, but here it goes: I just bought and built a new PC. Installed win10 on a dual boot ubuntu 20.04 system because I have some games I want to play with friends and just can't get a linux version, even with proton. I have not yet installed anydvd on the new system, but the old computer with my movie collection--which I'm having to rebuild because of a bad driver install from another issue--is still intact and connected to the home network. After installing win10 on the new system, anydvd seems to work just fine. It copies the movie, but when I try to mount the image for viewing (I use daemon tools lite lifetime paid version) it mounts, but gives a message stating "there is no disk in the drive)". It gives the cancel, try again, continue option. After clicking okay several times, it goes ahead and loads, anydvd gives it's message and then, nothing. If I double-click on the file in the virtual drive, it lists the drive contents, but won't autoplay the move. If I right click on the virtual drive and select "autoplay", it opens and runs just fine. Further more, if I exit anydvd and double click on the drive, it loads and plays as it always did until I installed win10 on the other computer. This is true after many restarts. It's on a win7 system, so there aren't any "updates" per say, but ya know ms...

It looks very similar to this issue: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/problem-with-windows-10.67585/,
but things can certainly seem similar without being related.

I have avoided win10 up till this point because of it's invasive nature. Anybody have any thoughts? I can make it work as I've described here, it's just annoying that it appears that win10 is actively infecting computers that don't even have it installed.

Attachments

• nodisk.png
    nodisk.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 12
This may sound crazy and it plays into some people's belief that I'm paranoid, but here it goes: I just bought and built a new PC. Installed win10 on a dual boot ubuntu 20.04 system because I have some games I want to play with friends and just can't get a linux version, even with proton. I have not yet installed anydvd on the new system, but the old computer with my movie collection--which I'm having to rebuild because of a bad driver install from another issue--is still intact and connected to the home network. After installing win10 on the new system, anydvd seems to work just fine. It copies the movie, but when I try to mount the image for viewing (I use daemon tools lite lifetime paid version) it mounts, but gives a message stating "there is no disk in the drive)". It gives the cancel, try again, continue option. After clicking okay several times, it goes ahead and loads, anydvd gives it's message and then, nothing. If I double-click on the file in the virtual drive, it lists the drive contents, but won't autoplay the move. If I right click on the virtual drive and select "autoplay", it opens and runs just fine. Further more, if I exit anydvd and double click on the drive, it loads and plays as it always did until I installed win10 on the other computer. This is true after many restarts. It's on a win7 system, so there aren't any "updates" per say, but ya know ms...

It looks very similar to this issue: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/problem-with-windows-10.67585/,
but things can certainly seem similar without being related.

I have avoided win10 up till this point because of it's invasive nature. Anybody have any thoughts? I can make it work as I've described here, it's just annoying that it appears that win10 is actively infecting computers that don't even have it installed.
Please install and try Virtual Drive from elby, you can get it via the RedFox download page, and it's free.

You should be able to mount your image with Virtual Drive.

If not, then there is something seriously wrong with your machine, because I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and I'm using Virtual Drive to mount my AnyDVD made images without incident.

Please install and try Virtual Drive from elby, you can get it via the RedFox download page, and it's free.

You should be able to mount your image with Virtual Drive.

If not, then there is something seriously wrong with your machine, because I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and I'm using Virtual Drive to mount my AnyDVD made images without incident.

May give that a shot tomorrow. I've used my current setup for years with no problems until day before yesterday when I installed win10 on the new system.

Back