• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Freeze at startup

Fafner

I was having this as Slysoft closed, I tought this was due to this, but I'm still experiencing this on the latest Redfox release.
Basically, the program freezes and stops responding just a few seconds after having been started, the only thing I can do is to kill it (Windows asks me to wait or to kill it). Tried to reinstall from scratch, even deleting reg info, but that didn't help.

Tried again and now it seems to work. But it didn't in the past days and earlier today, didn't really change anything in my computer. Is this a server related thing?

And today it's doing it again. Any hint?

Can you check the taskmgr while it is frozen and see if CloneBD.exe is eating any CPU cycles? (So we know whether it is an endless loop it is cought in or a deadlock).

Also - what would help a lot, would be (assuming you have a 64bit windows), if you open c:\windows\syswow64\taskmgr.exe (that would be the 32bit taskmgr), then right-click the frozen CloneBD.exe and click on "create dump file".
That dump file would help the developers see what is locking up.

If you have 32bit windows, just do this using the normal task manager.

Thx for the suggestion, will do. Saying "will do" because at this moment it isn't happening. It's really odd that sometimes I keep getting this freeze and sometimes everything works as expected. There wasn't any software change in my PC from earlier today till now, no Windows Update, no new software installation/update, go figure.

Last edited:
Alright, at this moment it's happening again. There's no CPU eating. I created the dump file, but it's 135MB, or 32MB compressed to 7zip, how do I send it to the devs?

Last edited:
Alright, at this moment it's happening again. There's no CPU eating. I created the dump file, but it's 135MB, or 32MB compressed to 7zip, how do I send it to the devs?

What's the size when you zip it?

Here it is!
Edit: can't understand if the upload succeeded or not...? Not getting any confirmation or error...

Here it is!
Edit: can't understand if the upload succeeded or not...? Not getting any confirmation or error...

Hmm. Nothing there, can't say why. I think you have to wait a while until it got uploaded before you actually confirm the post.

Looks like it doesn't want to work with ZIP, but worked with 7ZIP.

Looks like it doesn't want to work with ZIP, but worked with 7ZIP.

Thanks - but it seems you created that crash dump with the 64bit taskmanager, not with c:\windows\syswow64\taskmgr.exe
Quite possible, that it's useless :(

Ok, it's a bit difficult, but I do have some information:

it appears that there is a problem with your network configuration.
CloneBD gets stuck while checking the network settings, more specifically while a Windows component is checking the Wifi/wlan configuration.

wlanapi.dll -> WlanGetAvailableNetworkList() that function never returns.

That seems to be broken somehow.

If you deactivate update checks in CloneBD, you should be fine (at least as far as CloneBD goes).
But still, other applications may behave similarily.

You're right, my bad sorry. I'll build a proper one as soon as possible (at this moment the freeze doesn't occur).

You're right, my bad sorry. I'll build a proper one as soon as possible (at this moment the freeze doesn't occur).

Not really necessary, the explanation I gave above should be accurate. Something in your Wifi-setup is misbehaving, maybe a bad driver.

Thanks, will try. As I said, it only occurs randomly, that's odd. I have in fact a wifi dongle attached to my pc, I don't use the wifi part but it does have Bluetooth included (it's the dongle that came with my X99DELUXE deluxe motherboard) . The Internet traffic actually goes through the Ethernet interface.

Thanks, will try. As I said, it only occurs randomly, that's odd. I have in fact a wifi dongle attached to my pc, I don't use the wifi part but it does have Bluetooth included (it's the dongle that came with my X99DELUXE deluxe motherboard) . The Internet traffic actually goes through the Ethernet interface.

Maybe you can somehow deactivate just the Wifi components of the driver? I'm pretty sure, that will be possible.

You could disable the Wi-Fi in the BIOS, while maintaining the Bluetooth.
At least you can on my Z87 Deluxe (under Advanced). I don't know if this would help the problem at all though.

Back