• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free Forever updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's now regular 20% (+10% if paid by Bitcoin), in a similar fashion slysoft had. Nobody lives on a forum, some people just kept up with the news and announcements after the shutdown

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Tourist again you're mixing 2 things.
Correct, i'm mixing two things, but i'm not mixing them up.

Also from me one last time as you don't seem to get me: right from the start (in the other thread) my question was why the same key check algorithm that's inside AnyDVD (which doesn't need a database) can't be used for a website key check.

Last edited:
I get you just fine, and and does have a key database. Blacklisted keys stored within the software. There's no algorithm, you assumed there was. There's a big difference between website programming languages and windows programs code.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

I do know about the quality of AnyDVD cause i was a long time user. But due to the circumstances i gave the monkey a shot. Believe it or not, there is no reason to shudder. What AnyDVD did for me was great, but the monkey is doing the same for my needs. I hope the Fox will stay as a hard competitor for the Monkey, cause that`s good for business and thereby for both sides of customers too. But that´s it. Till now, both are great tools.

I have used the monkey and actually became an anydvd user because I got tired of all the problems with it. The monkey actually stopped working on my machine (wouldn't even load the software). After about 3 posts on their board to tell me to do the things I'd already done I was left on my own with several months left on my license. They are trying to cater to every goofy whim any user cares to mention which often creates more problems. My needs are simple and I've never had to wait several weeks for a fix for a dvd with anydvd / clonedvd2. I used to have to keep several different dvd copy aps just for when the monkey wasn't up to it.

With anydvd all anyone has to do is post a log and usually within an hour or two it's fixed.

Question for Ch3vron. Have you ever written any code. Basic, qbasic, visual basic, C+, Pascal. If yes have you ever written a major piece of code. Not trying to be a snob, but HTML does not count.

Yes, even back in school with COBOL. Basic HTML is nothing, not until you start including CSS, javascript, jQuery & PHP

There's a big difference between website programming languages and windows programs code.
Sorry, but only a dev could answer whether it's possible to check a key file online.

Sorry, but only a dev could answer whether it's possible to check a key file online.
If it can be coded, and it can be, then it can be done. In the case of AnyDVD, an internet connection is not needed to activate a license, but if an internet connection is available, AnyDVD will occasionally phone home to check the validity of the license.

I think what you are missing is that they don't have the original customer database, so as Ch3vr0n has already said they have no way of knowing if the serial number you enter actually belongs to you or not. AnyDVD doesn't check for that information, all it does is check if the license key is a valid key or a blacklisted one with no regard to who it belongs to, whereas to do an online checker for discounts they would need to have the database to check against to ensure that the person entering the key is the same one who originally purchased it, otherwise anyone could just enter a key and get a discount even if it didn't belong to them..

Anyway it's a moot point as they aren't going to do it, so continually arguing about it gets you nowhere.

So let's fantasize there are a few hundred stolen key files.
Do we now reason with hypothetical losses just like the movie or game industry ? o_O

In the meantime only the technical aspect matters to me - no matter whether it's put into practice or not.

So let's fantasize there are a few hundred stolen key files.
Do we now reason with hypothetical losses just like the movie or game industry ? o_O

In the meantime only the technical aspect matters to me - no matter whether it's put into practice or not.
So essentially you are just arguing for the sake of it, knowing that they aren't going to implement it any way.

Right, this debating of automatic site verification has gone on long enough and is way offtopic from the initial subject. Now you want us to go into hypothetical situations? That's definitely not going to happen. As you have been told. They did NOT have access to the complete original customer & license database, as such, such a procedure was impossible to implement or even e-mail the customers. Going into hypothetical situations will not change that answer.

I hate having to do this, but this topic is now locked. What you want them to do is not going to happen, end of story. It's simply not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back