• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free Forever updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I've got personal experience in such things. I manage multiple websites, then there's the small issue that I have direct lines to RedFox (and slysoft back then),...

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

So I take it James & Ivan told you: Dear Ch3vr0n, unfortunatelly it's impossible to put a Discount Code Box on the Purchase page where people could upload their key file to be scanned online - automatically.

It's also impossible to release another 7.6.9.5 version with an upgrade/discount link integrated for activated LTLs.

...in case you don't know what the staff really thinks about such (im)possibilities please don't answer ;)

Last edited:
James is a developer, not a site admin. Ivan is lots of things. And no it's not possible to release another 7695. It wouldn't be 7695. There's regular discounts and the discount period for previous customers has ended. Repeatedly asking the same thing won't change anything. It's not going to happen.

I don't ask for anything.
I'm just not in line with the statement: there was/is no other way just because the old customer database is gone/incomplete.

Would be interesting to hear a staff member's well-founded reaction, and not just (sorry!) Mod's opinions.

Please do not double post, minutes apart. Use the edit link below your post instead. That said, I don't see an insult in anywhere. Merely an observation based on past posts, like that "knock knock" topic you made that was nothing but spam with an untrue accusation towards the redfox staff.

Tourist, you may not be in line with the statement or like it, but that is what happened. They didn't have a full customer database after the shutdown, take it or leave it. As i said in the previous post, repeatedly asking the same thing won't make the answers any different. Neither will asking for someone else to post.

Relax Ch3vr0n, relax. You take yourself too seriously. You're like a bouncer at a club who doesn't let people in because they seem too happy.

That said, the 'observation' in question is insulting. Whether you or Redfox like it or not, I am raising awareness of a genuine issue that a continuing stream of people on here are also raising. Perhaps Redfox should listen to them instead of employing a 'bouncer' to shut them all up.

And come on, the 'knock knock' joke was funny...

They didn't have a full customer database after the shutdown, take it or leave it.
Do you admit that there is/was a (at least) theoratical way with the key files - even without the database ?

Last edited:
@Sly Fox as i said, that's no different than Microsoft terminating support for Windows 8 and requiring Windows 8.1. The knock knock "joke" as you call it was anything but funny.

@Tourist Admit what? There's nothing to admit. Even if users uploaded their key files, how would they verify there were legitimate users. You expect them to manually decompile each registration file, and verify it's authenticity for THOUSANDS of users? Right, you gonna pay the staff to do that? So no i'm not going to admit anything, theoretical or otherwise. It wasn't possible and it still isn't.

"You expect them to manually decompile each registration file, and verify it's authenticity for THOUSANDS of users?"

Weeeeellllll, come on. Let's not pretend they would have to decompile anything manually, if they have the source code for AnyDVD to just magically start the project again, it's very difficult to believe they don't have the ability to automatically check a number meets an algorithmic structure...you pretty much said yourself before, they probably could have but who would do it for free? Honesty is the best policy Ch3vr0n...

Does AnyDVD need a database to check whether a key file is valid ? No.
It doesn't even need to be online during the check.
Now you tell me the very same check framework that's inside AnyDVD can't be used for a generic automatic online check ?

The manpower required to that is just a minor thing, they have to be able to verify it against something. That something is what they don't have. How many more times do i have to tell you? It's not going to happen. Nobody said anydvd needed a database to check if the file is valid, what was asked if there was a way for key file to get matched against the CUSTOMER database for automatic discounts. Big difference.

I'm done repeating myself.

@Sly Fox as i said, that's no different than Microsoft terminating support for Windows 8 and requiring Windows 8.1. The knock knock "joke" as you call it was anything but funny.

@Tourist Admit what? There's nothing to admit. Even if users uploaded their key files, how would they verify there were legitimate users. You expect them to manually decompile each registration file, and verify it's authenticity for THOUSANDS of users? Right, you gonna pay the staff to do that? So no i'm not going to admit anything, theoretical or otherwise. It wasn't possible and it still isn't.
The manpower required to that is just a minor thing, they have to be able to verify it against something. That something is what they don't have. How many more times do i have to tell you? It's not going to happen. Nobody said anydvd needed a database to check if the file is valid, what was asked if there was a way for key file to get matched against the CUSTOMER database for automatic discounts. Big difference.

I'm done repeating myself.

One would hope that Redfox see the value in such a deal. If they offered 50% off, for example, I would purchase a license, and if the same is true for other people, it could actually pay off nicely compared to having a largely disgruntled ex-customer base...but what do we know, we're just the paying customers...

... they have to be able to verify it against something.
Why ?
AnyDVD also doesn't verify against something (at the most the blacklist is stored in the app)
Either I don't get it or your explanation is bad.

If you had any awareness of the situation you would know how close anydvd came to not existing. Many many folks here begging them to continue and yes even begging for lifetime licences. They spent months setting up the infrastructure for it and put out several updates to the slysoft version so it could carry on till they got things set up. All of this was discussed a year ago when they were deciding what to do.

For a year now every now and then someone wonders in here to say what great supporters they are and they don't like how they did it. If you don't like the term lifetime buy a yearly or do without. I doubt after a year anything's going to change and I personally think they've done a decent job setting this up and I shudder to think that I'd have to count on the monkey.

... I shudder to think that I'd have to count on the monkey....

I do know about the quality of AnyDVD cause i was a long time user. But due to the circumstances i gave the monkey a shot. Believe it or not, there is no reason to shudder. What AnyDVD did for me was great, but the monkey is doing the same for my needs. I hope the Fox will stay as a hard competitor for the Monkey, cause that`s good for business and thereby for both sides of customers too. But that´s it. Till now, both are great tools.

Last edited:
Sly fox, there's was a 50% off one, for users that purchased within a specified timeframe before the shut down. It lasted for 2 months. All this has been announced long before purchase was available. Forum search, a wonderful invention.

Tourist again you're mixing 2 things. So I'll repeat this one last time, if was NOT ASKED for anydvd to verify anything. It was asked for the WEBSITE to have an option for automatic discounts. The WEBSITE would have to verify uploaded key files, the information within and to verify it against information in the customer database to issue a discount if the information was accurate. No anydvd involved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

All this has been announced long before purchase was available. Forum search, a wonderful invention.

Explain to me how this helps me now. Sorry that I wasn't living on the forums as some people clearly do.

Shame on me for being an occasional user. Pfft. What a joke.

Thanks to the user above for mentioning the monkey. Just checked, and they have 40% off, see now, that's a better discount...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back