• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free Forever updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft has just announced they are no longer going to support original Windows 10.

Was on yahoo news, all consumer versions will have to upgrade to the 1607 Anniversary update, as version 1507 will be retired.

Actually that's true. If the machine had finished upgrading to W10, a digital license was generated and stored on the Microsoft servers. If you were to do a fresh install on the same machine it would be immediately activated. But none of that is relevant to this topic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.
That is true. What I was referring to was @sondeterra's statement about needing to pay for a Windows 10 license now. When in fact you can still get a free license by using the link that @Jeff53404 posted.

Was on yahoo news, all consumer versions will have to upgrade to the 1607 Anniversary update, as version 1507 will be retired.

This may be true, but Microsoft forces you to upgrade Windows 10 anyway, so this is not big news IMO.

On topic--about Microsoft--I came across this the other day on one of the tech sites I read weekly:

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade

I'm amazed that you can still get around and do this, considering that M$ huffed and puffed about the July 2016 deadline for upgrades.

Note that in this article, they mentioned a way to upgrade a Windows 10 Home license into Windows 10 Pro, which I might do for my new laptop, since it's Windows 10 Home only.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-...c64629f&bhid=22915439646006573679213706749920

On topic--about Microsoft--I came across this the other day on one of the tech sites I read weekly:

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade

I'm amazed that you can still get around and do this, considering that M$ huffed and puffed about the July 2016 deadline for upgrades.

Note that in this article, they mentioned a way to upgrade a Windows 10 Home license into Windows 10 Pro, which I might do for my new laptop, since it's Windows 10 Home only.
That's exactly what I was saying. You can still get a free upgrade if you use the "accessibility trick." I have never tried it but from what I have heard it's exactly like the process was when the mainstream offer was going on.

That's exactly what I was saying. You can still get a free upgrade if you use the "accessibility trick." I have never tried it but from what I have heard it's exactly like the process was when the mainstream offer was going on.
Once I have my new laptop running the way I want it, I might decide to get that upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I like how it--Windows 10 Pro--runs on my PC, and I want to have more options that is only available on Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home.

Even if thats true it's nothing new. They did the same to 8. 8 became unsupported and 8.1 was required for support and updates. Thanks at said, none of that our how to get 10 for free is relevant to this topic. So please stay on topic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

I have a question. First I did not notice the change from slyfox to redfox. I am a little upset as well that I bought the lifetime and, for one reason or another, they changed the company name to redfox and are wanting to re-charge for the lifetime. (yes I am saying change name due to it sounds like it is the same programmers doing it.) If I have to buy a new lifetime for it then why not at least offer a discount of some sort. As right now I do not have the 109 eur (118 usd) for the new license.
Also is there a way to download the newest one that I can use the slysoft key on, AKA 7.6.9.5. My current version is 7.6.7.0

If I have to buy a new lifetime for it then why not at least offer a discount of some sort.

A discount was offered more then once(2 or 3 times now), its not redfox's fault you missed it

We will have another 20% dsicount in the future, maybe Easter maybe sooner. You also get another 10% for buying with Bitcoin, thats 30% in all. I will post it here when its available. Bitcoin is your best bet.

Be nice, behave or don't post please.

As I said then, I'll say it again now. Implementing such things sound a lot easier than they are/were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back