• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free Forever updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvetsan

I bought Anydvd a long time ago with free updates. Now it is telling me I need to buy it again - WHY?
Won't let me update.

Wrong section, moved. License questions belong in the license forum section. As to WHY? Please use the forum search. Everything you need to know is available in there.

Long story short. Slysoft got shut down by the aacs-la, and so did your license as an unfortunate consequence. Some former staff started redfox and took over development. unfortunately this also means new licenses are required if you want to use v8 or above. This has been announced months ago (back in may) when redfox officially started

You don't need to buy AnyDVD from RedFox.
Your old SlySoft license will continue to work, just download and install this version:
http://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe

Newer discs might not be supported with old SlySoft version.
Might want to add if they plan to use it on BD they won't get any access to the OPD of which I think they will want to have and some newer DVD will not be decrypted as well. So I think the OP is asking to get something for free and think they are privileged of which they couldn't be so wrong and they also failed to read the News of what has happened so far as well. All the posting of what happened and yet people refuse to read the News of what happened isn't anyone fault except their own.

No OPD access is mentioned on the download site

No OPD access is mentioned on the download site
Some refuse to read even when it's right in front of them - they just read the name Lifetime is Lifetime....that's all they see..

That's their fault then, it's in a big red box. Things like that generally are warnings or important stuff :) Either way i'll leave it at that.

Might want to add if they plan to use it on BD they won't get any access to the OPD of which I think they will want to have and some newer DVD will not be decrypted as well. So I think the OP is asking to get something for free and think they are privileged of which they couldn't be so wrong and they also failed to read the News of what has happened so far as well. All the posting of what happened and yet people refuse to read the News of what happened isn't anyone fault except their own.

Privileged? PRIVILEGED? Why would you think people consider themselves privileged? I bet if you went to a restaurant and asked for a bottomless coke you'd be annoyed when after three the manager told you that you couldn't have anymore because they stopped being able to afford coke. Crawl outside of your own rectum and see how the world looks.

Some refuse to read even when it's right in front of them - they just read the name Lifetime is Lifetime....that's all they see..

Yeah imagine thinking lifetime meant lifetime....sheez, shame on them. It's like calling unlimited unlimited right? (n)

Enough, now you're insulting members on top? I kindly ask you to re-read the forum rules. Users bought lifetime licenses from slysoft, and they were issued updates for the lifetime of slysoft.

Microsoft charges for every new OS now that the free (forced upgrade) is over and always has done so, just consider it a new OS. Slysoft reached end of support due to legal pressure. RedFox is now being developed. Just because all Microsoft kernel functions ate still present in Win '95 to Win '10 didn't mean you got it at a discount unless you prepurchased months in advance with no guarantee you would get it other than Microsoft's word.

so I am expected to pay the same employees that were at slysoft for a license I already bought and they won't do the same thing they already did because of what? My license is less than 2 years old and because of financial issues the system I installed on was stored over half that time so lets spend more on a promise they wont do it again? So a company (not just the CEO)'s word doesn't mean anything? approval and recommendations might mean something to smart people.

If your machine had previously accepted the upgrade and was rolled back to the previous OS yes, but a new install on a non qualified machine btw 110 to 130 dollars.

And I run win 7, which Microsoft has faithfully upgraded and updated. They did not tell me I had to upgrade to win 10 because the ceo was a flake. F MS, the issue is a promise was not kept and there is a new improved promise by much of the same people and all it will cost is more than I already paid... fool me once

And I run win 7, which Microsoft has faithfully upgraded and updated. They did not tell me I had to upgrade to win 10 because the ceo was a flake. F MS, the issue is a promise was not kept and there is a new improved promise by much of the same people and all it will cost is more than I already paid... fool me once
The Fool is the one whom refuses to read that happened to get where it is now. What MS does is what MS does trying to deflect the fact that you refuse to see what happened does no service to anyone.

Please do not call members fools (forum rule1), regardless of what you think. It is their choice, and the evidence of what happened is widely available.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Actually that's true. If the machine had finished upgrading to W10, a digital license was generated and stored on the Microsoft servers. If you were to do a fresh install on the same machine it would be immediately activated. But none of that is relevant to this topic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back