• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free Blu-ray player down load

antipodes

While looking for videos to learn how to install the extra files needed to enable VLC to play Blu-ray discs; I came across this free player www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/ . Has any one had experience with this player?
The You Tube review was rather garbled and contradictory but I tried it playing an AnyDVD HD and Clone BD processed copy of The Jungle Book and that seemed ok compared to PowerDVD the clarity was not so sharp. I would be interested in reading the views of the more experienced RedFox users Apparently the product was initially for sale but now it is free.

From what I know it sucks compared paid ones like powerdvd. Limited or no Java menu's support, lousy picture quality, nobody really likes it. Never used it myself though, never will.

Just tried Independence day 2 and no menu, also gave jerky playback

While looking for videos to learn how to install the extra files needed to enable VLC to play Blu-ray discs; I came across this free player www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/ . Has any one had experience with this player?
The You Tube review was rather garbled and contradictory but I tried it playing an AnyDVD HD and Clone BD processed copy of The Jungle Book and that seemed ok compared to PowerDVD the clarity was not so sharp. I would be interested in reading the views of the more experienced RedFox users Apparently the product was initially for sale but now it is free.
The VLC I have installed plays Blu-ray discs just fine . Without needing other files. Only need AnyDVDHD running of course. And there's no menu support .

The VLC I have installed plays Blu-ray discs just fine . Without needing other files. Only need AnyDVDHD running of course. And there's no menu support .
Thanks for your opinions guys. The person doing the You Tube video explained that so many people had responded to his request to let him know of any disc titles that VLC could not play that he felt obliged to come up with an alternative free player
@nebostrangla thanks for the tip to have AnyDVD HD running in the background.

Thanks for your opinions guys. The person doing the You Tube video explained that so many people had responded to his request to let him know of any disc titles that VLC could not play that he felt obliged to come up with an alternative free player
@nebostrangla thanks for the tip to have AnyDVD HD running in the background.
Further to my first post about the Leawo Blu-ray player which now comes as a free download I wish to advise that it has been updated and the picture quality is much better; still no menu support but like VLC it does not detect Cinavia

MPC-HC and MadVR - no menues, but superb quality.

MPC-HC and MadVR - no menues, but superb quality.
thanks and happy travels to you Tourist I did not realise there were so many free Blu-ray players around. I just want a player that provides high quality images and does not detect cinavia. I will continue to use RedFox and ElaborateBytes to do my recordings while I wait for the AnyDVD HD solution to cinavia to be further refined.

thanks and happy travels to you Tourist I did not realise there were so many free Blu-ray players around. I just want a player that provides high quality images and does not detect cinavia. I will continue to use RedFox and ElaborateBytes to do my recordings while I wait for the AnyDVD HD solution to cinavia to be further refined.
I don't understand what needs to be refined. No Blu-ray player software (TMT, PowerDVD) will detect Cinavia as long as AnyDVD is running.

well the audio quality on actual removal through CloneBD, is the only thing i can think of :)

I don't understand what needs to be refined. No Blu-ray player software (TMT, PowerDVD) will detect Cinavia as long as AnyDVD is running.
@James it was not my intention to disparage the excellent work you are doing. I was under the impression that when making a Blu-ray copy using AnyDVD HD and Clone BD set up for Cinavia removal the resulting audio quality was compromised when compared with the original sound. I was also under the impression that this deterioration in sound quality was going to be further minimised, if not removed with further developments by RedFox. Sorry for not making this clear.

@James it was not my intention to disparage the excellent work you are doing. I was under the impression that when making a Blu-ray copy using AnyDVD HD and Clone BD set up for Cinavia removal the resulting audio quality was compromised when compared with the original sound. I was also under the impression that this deterioration in sound quality was going to be further minimised, if not removed with further developments by RedFox. Sorry for not making this clear.

Well, your thread title says "Free Blu-ray player down load" and in your opening post you ask about PC playback software. So, you don't need CloneBD for Cinavia removal, AnyDVD alone will do the job perfectly without any audio quality loss. Just enable "prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" (the default setting), and Cinavia won't be an issue. Not from file / disc / network playback.

enable what . is there something in setting on any dvd of clone dvd that will fix the cinavia issue while copying dvd .

yes, in the program settings of anydvd. The bottom 2. 2nd to last patches software players (like powerdvd) to not DETECT the signal (but doesn't actually remove it). The bottom setting REMOVES the signal in combination with CloneBD (rightclick the settings for a help tooltip). Note i said CloneBD. AnyDVD's removal fix does NOT yet work with CloneDVD.

We don't know that nor has James said that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Well, your thread title says "Free Blu-ray player down load" and in your opening post you ask about PC playback software. So, you don't need CloneBD for Cinavia removal, AnyDVD alone will do the job perfectly without any audio quality loss. Just enable "prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" (the default setting), and Cinavia won't be an issue. Not from file / disc / network playback.
So I am new to this am using current version clonedvd2 and Anydvd 8.0.6.0 but every movie I copy and try and play on my blueray player for tv plays maybe twenty minutes then I get cinavia message code 3 and audio quites help

CloneDVD doesn't handle Blu-ray. And to remove it you need anydvd and CloneBD. There's plenty of info about what cinavia is, how it works and how to remove/bypass it on these forums and Google.

CloneDVD doesn't handle Blu-ray. And to remove it you need anydvd and CloneBD. There's plenty of info about what cinavia is, how it works and how to remove/bypass it on these forums and Google.
Im not doing BD im doing DVD as such clone dvd. I have googled but looks as though all I can do is stop movie every 20 minutes and remove and reinstall seems like why buy software to make a copy if this is the issue . Strange thing is I never had this issue before with slysoft

Back