• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fox BD New Protection

I've had issues trying to do that. You can TRY it. If you get a bunch of sync errors in the audio streams, then rerip it to the hard drive using the AnyDVD Ripper and the errors will go away.

damn i was hoping i didnt have to do that but it does save alot of space so its worth it

damn i was hoping i didnt have to do that but it does save alot of space so its worth it

I'm trying something just for fun. I'll let you know how it goes. My Simpsons rip exerts the problem of sync errors in audio with the mounted image. So, what I'm trying is to make my own BD folder on the hard drive, copying the playlist file I need and ONLY the m2ts files I need to their respective folders. I'm using windows explorer for the copy. I want to see if that actually works. Otherwise you'd have to re-rip the whole damn thing from the mounted ISO. So, we'll see how this idea works out.

I'm trying something just for fun. I'll let you know how it goes. My Simpsons rip exerts the problem of sync errors in audio with the mounted image. So, what I'm trying is to make my own BD folder on the hard drive, copying the playlist file I need and ONLY the m2ts files I need to their respective folders. I'm using windows explorer for the copy. I want to see if that actually works. Otherwise you'd have to re-rip the whole damn thing from the mounted ISO. So, we'll see how this idea works out.

sounds good now im anxious to see what happens

So right now what I'm doing is this. Put the disc in the drive with AnyDVD enabled, load the playlist file in tsmuxer, and remux to blu-ray structure, directly from the disc into a temporary folder. Then I convert that to an ISO into the final location (another HDD). I think that's pretty much equivalent to what you guys are mentioning, if I didn't miss something, and so far I haven't gotten sync errors but I've only tried a couple of discs (Ratatouille and Kung-Fu Hustle).

Didn't do jack for the problem. In fact, it got WAY worse with that concept. sigh. AnyDVD Ripper is the only way to solve this issue. I wonder what's going on with that. I'm wondering if it's some kind of UDF 2.5 problem that I'm running into. I don't know. Vista's got built in drivers for it. AnyDVD Ripper doesn't use them. Wish I knew how to work with the files direct on the ISO but I don't. Could you try it on one of yours and see if you get the same problem?

So right now what I'm doing is this. Put the disc in the drive with AnyDVD enabled, load the playlist file in tsmuxer, and remux to blu-ray structure, directly from the disc into a temporary folder. Then I convert that to an ISO into the final location (another HDD). I think that's pretty much equivalent to what you guys are mentioning, if I didn't miss something, and so far I haven't gotten sync errors but I've only tried a couple of discs (Ratatouille and Kung-Fu Hustle).

I did one from the disc directly earlier and I didn't have sync errors. It's only with the mounted ISOs. No idea what the hell's going on with that.

I did one from the disc directly earlier and I didn't have sync errors. It's only with the mounted ISOs. No idea what the hell's going on with that.

Actually, I misspoke. I did Kung Fu Hustle and Training day directly from disc. Ratatouille I did from a mounted ISO, and it plays fine. Do you have to keep playing for a while to notice the sync errors? Because I jump around the movie and everything keeps in sync, but I haven't watched it continuously.

It's not a matter of playing it to see the issue, but, yea, if I let it go you can see the problem pretty quick usually. It's a matter of in TSMuxer getting audio sync errors in the log when demuxing/creating ts or m2ts/or creating a new bd folder structure. This isn't what I consider good. :) If I use the ripper, then the errors go away and the image comes out clean. If I try to copy the files using explorer or use TSMuxer against the mounted ISO directly, errors.

By the way, do you know what the "Bitrate" options in the General tab in tsMuxer does? How can it limit or set bitrate if it is not supposed to be recompressing?

Not a clue. I don't mess with any of that stuff. My basic workflow in TSMuxer is very limited. I've used it to remaster my BD movies and I've used it to master my own AVCHD DVD's of my HD tv shows that I record. That's about it.

By the way, do you know what the "Bitrate" options in the General tab in tsMuxer does? How can it limit or set bitrate if it is not supposed to be recompressing?

I think what this is refering to is the bitrate of the resulting Transport Stream, not any of the video or audio streams inside. I read somewhere that broadcast Transport Streams have a very strict constant bitrate. Anything not filled with useful data is filled with "null" packets, which are safe to ignore by a decoder. I guess tsMuxeR is able to add in these null packets should you for some reason desire them. It's also my understanding that the extra 4 bytes in Blu Ray packets (192 byte vs. 188 byte) are for time stamp information, which eliminates the need for CBR. If you were to remux your Blu Ray files into regular 188 byte packet .ts files, they may not be easily seekable unless you have tsMuxeR make the resulting file CBR.

Back