Fox BD New Protection

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by HDlover, Apr 2, 2008.

1. HDlover

HDlover Member

Hello , i got hold of juno and avp disc today , and i cant seem to be able to rip it at all.
    it looks like some kinda new protection.
    Anydvd status show it as a normal dvd, and when you try to rip it says drive empty
    Windows explorer only sees 2x 1 GB wmv files and a 1 GB file named movie
    it asks if you want to transfer the drm to itunes or wmp , and asks a code..
    never seen that before..

2. jbrisbin

jbrisbin Well-Known Member

April Fools!

You have the second disc of a two disc set! The portable version, just like the Hitman pair, also by Fox.

3. Vdevil

Vdevil Active Member

No there is only 1 disc on alien requiem and juno onlyn 1 BD 50 GB

4. jbrisbin

jbrisbin Well-Known Member

Not according to Amazon (juno). See this

See also: AvP: requiem

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yeah, that isn't a blu-ray disc. It's not using a dvd-video standard either.

6. DeLorean23

DeLorean23 New Member

HI,
    If you tried to backup AVP requiem first I beleive that the disc added a kernel to your windows that disables AnyDVD. If you turn your computer off and restart, then put the Juno disc in you will find it should work just fine, At least it did for me.

7. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problems with these two titles and the latest AnyDVD HD. Watched off disc tough.

8. andy o

andy o Well-Known Member

Watch out for that crap. I don't know if they have started doing this with blu-rays, but with CDs and DVDs you must disable autorun, because they install crap (and the CD crap is what got the word "rootkit" in the collective consciousness of millions of internet users almost overnight). It's only a matter of time before they do it with bluray too (and remember who's the major bluray backer).

Besides this, DVDs have the Interactual crap and other stuff like that that I also consider viruses and trojans. These software should be clearly labeled as such, they deserve no mercy just because they come from "reputable" companies. I despise them. Despise them, I say!

9. shadow07

shadow07 Well-Known Member

I had zero issues ripping AvP: Requiem and Juno. I followed the steps SamuriHL outlined on creating an ISO with AnyDVD DISABLED first.

Thank you Slysoft again!! :rock:

10. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

I assume both work when mounted? AnyDVD processes them just fine?

11. Bigrick

Bigrick Well-Known Member

worked fine for me i got both and im watch AVP right now

12. SamuriHL

Good to know. I'm hoping to pick up the 2 pack AVP this week sometime. Can't wait.

13. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

AVP: Requiem? I hadn't seen it in the theater and watched it last night. The first movie wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but the special effects made it worthwhile. AVP: Requiem was a major disappointment. :(

14. SamuriHL

So I've been told. But, I'm a fan of Aliens and Predator, so, it's a must have for my collection. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment out of it. :)

15. shadow07

shadow07 Well-Known Member

Yep. No issues to report here.

16. Bigrick

Bigrick Well-Known Member

same here ive always been a fan of both Aliens and Preditor but to me these last 2 movies were nothing to shout about but i think i like better AVPR better then the first one myself

17. captain_video

captain_video Well-Known Member

Juno ripped fine for me the other day. IIRC it said disc 1 on the label.

18. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

and "Blu-ray Disc" as well ;)
    Disc 2 is the "digital copy" version, as reported.
    "Protected" CloneCD-created ISO mounts and plays in 3109 (with AnyDVD HD enabled).

19. g3rm

g3rm Member

ah yes, i tried that a few days ago, had no problems there at all.

20. georgeorwell

georgeorwell Active Member

After 2 rip attempts (rip fine, won't play) at AVP2 using AnyDVDHD, I'm trying the method of disabling AnyDVD and using ImgBurn. The steps to do this say not to use ImgBurn 2.4.0.0. The latest version is 2.4.1.0. Is the latest version OK to use? You get the "disc is copy protected" error, but it seems to read any way.