• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fox BD New Protection

HDlover

Hello , i got hold of juno and avp disc today , and i cant seem to be able to rip it at all.
it looks like some kinda new protection.
Anydvd status show it as a normal dvd, and when you try to rip it says drive empty
Windows explorer only sees 2x 1 GB wmv files and a 1 GB file named movie
it asks if you want to transfer the drm to itunes or wmp , and asks a code..
never seen that before..

April Fools!

You have the second disc of a two disc set! The portable version, just like the Hitman pair, also by Fox.

Yeah, that isn't a blu-ray disc. It's not using a dvd-video standard either.

HI,
If you tried to backup AVP requiem first I beleive that the disc added a kernel to your windows that disables AnyDVD. If you turn your computer off and restart, then put the Juno disc in you will find it should work just fine, At least it did for me.

I didn't have any problems with these two titles and the latest AnyDVD HD. Watched off disc tough.

HI,
If you tried to backup AVP requiem first I beleive that the disc added a kernel to your windows that disables AnyDVD. If you turn your computer off and restart, then put the Juno disc in you will find it should work just fine, At least it did for me.

Watch out for that crap. I don't know if they have started doing this with blu-rays, but with CDs and DVDs you must disable autorun, because they install crap (and the CD crap is what got the word "rootkit" in the collective consciousness of millions of internet users almost overnight). It's only a matter of time before they do it with bluray too (and remember who's the major bluray backer).

Besides this, DVDs have the Interactual crap and other stuff like that that I also consider viruses and trojans. These software should be clearly labeled as such, they deserve no mercy just because they come from "reputable" companies. I despise them. Despise them, I say!

I had zero issues ripping AvP: Requiem and Juno. I followed the steps SamuriHL outlined on creating an ISO with AnyDVD DISABLED first.

Thank you Slysoft again!! :rock:

I had zero issues ripping AvP: Requiem and Juno. I followed the steps SamuriHL outlined on creating an ISO with AnyDVD DISABLED first.

Thank you Slysoft again!! :rock:

I assume both work when mounted? AnyDVD processes them just fine?

Good to know. I'm hoping to pick up the 2 pack AVP this week sometime. Can't wait.

Good to know. I'm hoping to pick up the 2 pack AVP this week sometime. Can't wait.

AVP: Requiem? I hadn't seen it in the theater and watched it last night. The first movie wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but the special effects made it worthwhile. AVP: Requiem was a major disappointment. :(

AVP: Requiem? I hadn't seen it in the theater and watched it last night. The first movie wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but the special effects made it worthwhile. AVP: Requiem was a major disappointment. :(

So I've been told. But, I'm a fan of Aliens and Predator, so, it's a must have for my collection. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment out of it. :)

So I've been told. But, I'm a fan of Aliens and Predator, so, it's a must have for my collection. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment out of it. :)

same here ive always been a fan of both Aliens and Preditor but to me these last 2 movies were nothing to shout about but i think i like better AVPR better then the first one myself

Juno ripped fine for me the other day. IIRC it said disc 1 on the label.
and "Blu-ray Disc" as well ;)
Disc 2 is the "digital copy" version, as reported.
"Protected" CloneCD-created ISO mounts and plays in 3109 (with AnyDVD HD enabled).

and "Blu-ray Disc" as well ;)
Disc 2 is the "digital copy" version, as reported.
"Protected" CloneCD-created ISO mounts and plays in 3109 (with AnyDVD HD enabled).

ah yes, i tried that a few days ago, had no problems there at all.

After 2 rip attempts (rip fine, won't play) at AVP2 using AnyDVDHD, I'm trying the method of disabling AnyDVD and using ImgBurn. The steps to do this say not to use ImgBurn 2.4.0.0. The latest version is 2.4.1.0. Is the latest version OK to use? You get the "disc is copy protected" error, but it seems to read any way.

Back