• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Forum Software Upgrade

😕..depends on the screen, mine has 3440x1440 :rockingchair:
However, I extended the max-width of content from 1200 to 1400px. If I use more, my eye movement left/right would not be enough, I would have to turn my head. No way :cool:
... Depends on how close you sit in front of your screen :)
Will take a look at it on my desktop later.
Great job so far (y)

I think I found a minor bug (if any at all) ... if you add an emoji at the end of your written text, you cannot move the cursor past it by using the mouse or the Right arrow on your Keyboard ... you have to use the Down arrow :cool:

Excellent work! Fun with a new look, looks really nice and easy to read for my old eyes... :cool:

Thanks Ivan, I can see it now. When you did it 5 minutes before, then I already had the site open for a longer time to write my comment and therefore couldn't see it.

The editor is now fully translated, also the different smiley categories. But I still can't see the new ones, only the few that already existed.

Here are the things I found:
-in Account settings, the Gender option is english. "No choice" is translated, but Male/Female is still english as well.
Gender=Geschlecht, male=männlich, female=weiblich

-And below that, there is occupation, that is Beruf.

-With the forum now calling me "Sie" (why), the line Aktualisiere Ihren Status is not quite correct. It would work with "deine", but now it should be Aktualisieren Sie Ihren Status.

-One minor nitpick, above Gender and Website, there is Ort (Location). Although the translation is correct, I find it odd that it is marked as required.

-In the tab Privatsphäre, the one field is called Einstellungen Privatsphäre. It is not as bad as Konfiguration herunterladen in AS (which hasn't changed for almost two years), but reads a bit odd as that are just two words thrown together. I would change it to Privatsphäre-Eintellungen, just like E-Mail-Einstellungen below that.
As for the E-Mail Settings, there should be a komma between Inhalte and falls: Wir halten Sie auf dem Laufenden über neue Inhalte, falls Sie eine Zeit lang nicht hier sind.

-In the permissions block, where you can set which user can see your profile and stuff, there is mit sich eine Unterhaltung zu beginnen. That should be mit Ihnen eine Unterhaltung zu beginnen.

-In the "Einstellungen" tab, there are again two strings that can be improved: Einstellungen Inhalte and Einstellungen Privatsphäre. The second has already been mentioned two lines ago. As for the first, I would change it to threads, but to keep it german: Beitrags-Einstellungen and Automatisch Beiträge beobachten, (...) for both lines there. Inhalte is technically right, but Beiträge is already used in the setting to show or hide the signatures just below these two, so I want to keep it consistent.

-Now, for the Erhalten Sie einen Hinweis, wenn jemand... part. The first line, Beiträge in beobachtetem Forum is a bit too loose. Not only is it no complete sentence, but without knowing this forum, I would not know what that should mean. It should be einen Beitrag in einem beobachtetem Forum erstellt:. The only other issue I see should be Ihr Profil oder Ihren Status kommentiert instead of only Ihr Profil oder Status kommentiert.

That's everything for now. I haven't looked into the file itself, I just visited my profile page and clicked on every option. There are only two other suggestions I want to make. There are the Buy License and Products Buttons at the top of the forum. I am not sure if this is part of the translation as well, but I would also translate it. Lizenz kaufen and Produkte.
Also, when I visit my profile, I can see how many posts I made and how many likes I recieved, just as before. However, the likes are called Danke. I am not sure why, because there is no way to actually send a thanks. You can only like a comment or thread. So it should be reversed to Likes, maybe erhaltene Likes.

The only other suggestion I have is to make the background of coded text a bit darker. I can see if it is coded or not, but I would say the grey is a bit too light.
I can see it better now, because I changed the angle of my screen a bit and it might also depend on the color settings and capabilities of your screen, but I still would make it a bit darker to tell them apart more easily.

Edit: It might also help to make the outline of the code field a bit darker (instead).

While the change for this old fart of a guy was startling and a bit off-putting, it isn't all that bad after a few moments.

I use what I guess is the "light" theme, I wish the text color was a bit darker is about all.

My biggest 'complaint' with this new fora version? Having to log in again. I got used to being kept logged in so I could skip that step. M'ok, decidedly a 1st World problem. :Þ

Last edited:
Overall I must state that this change is a good thing. The look is decidedly Win10/11 minimalist flat icon.

I hope this new version makes it easier to maintain the fora for the RedFox folks.

Here are the things I found:

Code:
Gender = Geschlecht
male = männlich
female = weiblich
occupation = Beruf
Aktualisiere Ihren Status = Status aktualisieren
Einstellungen Privatsphäre = Privatsphäre-Eintellungen
Wir halten Sie auf dem Laufenden über neue Inhalte falls Sie eine Zeit lang nicht hier sind. = Wir halten Sie auf dem Laufenden über neue Inhalte, falls Sie eine Zeit lang nicht hier sind.
mit sich eine Unterhaltung zu beginnen = mit Ihnen eine Unterhaltung zu beginnen
Einstellungen Inhalte = Beitrags-Einstellungen
Automatisch Inhalte beobachten, welche Sie erstellen = Automatisch Beiträge beobachten, welche Sie erstellen
Automatisch Inhalte beobachten, mit denen Sie interagieren =  Automatisch Beiträge beobachten, mit denen Sie interagieren
Beiträge in beobachtetem Forum = einen Beitrag in einem beobachtetem Forum erstellt
Ihr Profil oder Status kommentiert = Ihr Profil oder Ihren Status kommentiert
"Danke" = "Likes"
Thanks, I changed the strings above. Localization is a nightmare in XF. Editing exported XML files does not work, since the original string is not exported.
If you have further language improvements, please just send me a list with current string and your suggested string, I'm able to search for the string in admin panel and replace it. Mentioning the context is only needed if not unambiguous.

There are the Buy License and Products Buttons at the top of the forum.
Yep, these are "hard coded" buttons, not part of Xenforo and therefore not translatable.

It is not as bad as Konfiguration herunterladen in AS (which hasn't changed for almost two years
Huh! You should blame @Pete for this, not me :)
(edit: I had a quick conversation with Pete, will be fixed in next AS release)

One minor nitpick, above Gender and Website, there is Ort (Location). Although the translation is correct, I find it odd that it is marked as required.
"Require location" was disabled in old version and has been enabled by default in XF2. What a BS. I disabled it again. Thanks for pointing this out.

Last edited:
I think I found a minor bug (if any at all) ... if you add an emoji at the end of your written text, you cannot move the cursor past it by using the mouse or the Right arrow on your Keyboard ... you have to use the Down arrow :cool:
There is nothing I can do. Smileys are displayed as CSS background and the editor struggles with it. End key should also help.

I'm afraid my issue can't be helped ... It's a problem with most new UIs...
I mean just look at the settings page
View attachment 70920

Why?? :rolleyes:

These spaces are necessary for responsive view on smartphones. I could make a hack to minimize these spaces on desktop browsers, but with next upgrade I have one issue more to resolve, so I leave it as it is.

With Inhalte now changed to Beiträge, the "Ihre Inhalte" in the pop up when you click on your profile at the top of the page should also be changed to "Ihre Beiträge".
This was the first thing I looked at, so I haven't thought of it anymore when I was in the settings and suggested "Beiträge".

Back