• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Forum migration to new server

Sure hope you guys incorporate offshore to protect yourselves.

I don't know of any other employee restarted businesses that came back from the demise of their parent company as quickly as RedFox has done.

Hi guys it's been a while since I've posted here (and as you know I'm not a customer), but I just wanted to say I wish the dev team all the best of luck going forward with this. It would be really nice to see AnyDVD ported to Linux and even Mac as well (especially Linux though).

What a great customer-focused philosophy you guys have as well! :)
I am not a current customer either but I registered to say I am glad to see you guys alive and kicking. The only reason I am not a current customer is because you don't have a Mac version. If you had a Mac version I wouldn't have purchased two lifetime licenses on products from DVDFab. Now that DVDFab says it won't attempt to circumvent AACS 2.0, I am looking for the company that will. I don't know what is involved in getting a Mac version together but please consider it.

I am not a current customer either but I registered to say I am glad to see you guys alive and kicking. The only reason I am not a current customer is because you don't have a Mac version. If you had a Mac version I wouldn't have purchased two lifetime licenses on products from DVDFab. Now that DVDFab says it won't attempt to circumvent AACS 2.0, I am looking for the company that will. I don't know what is involved in getting a Mac version together but please consider it.
You could always use a Virtual Machine, or maybe Parallels would work.

Ok, call me stupid but I thought it was "legal" inthe States to back up a movie that you own? I always did that with the movies my boys liked to watch so they don't mess up my original.

Ok, call me stupid but I thought it was "legal" inthe States to back up a movie that you own? I always did that with the movies my boys liked to watch so they don't mess up my original.
I'm from DK, and here its legal to make a backup of your movie, but its nok legal to break any copy protection to do it

Not "stupid" (1) backup is allowed in US but the tools to do it I guess are not :mad:
Makes sense to someone I guess LOL

Not "stupid" (1) backup is allowed in US but the tools to do it I guess are not :mad:
Makes sense to someone I guess LOL

It's really simple: backup is allowed - except.... when there is a copy protection.
Since a copy protection comes with every Blu-ray disc and almost every DVD, backup is effectively not allowed. As simple as that.

Nope, it's not that simple, at least in some EU countries: Backup is allowed except there's an effective copy protection. So in fact, if you can make a backup, copy protection obviously is not effective. :whistle:

Nope, it's not that simple, at least in some EU countries: Backup is allowed except there's an effective copy protection. So in fact, if you can make a backup, copy protection obviously is not effective. :whistle:

Go ahead and try to find a judge who sees it that way. Good luck - but you'll find that is IS that simple.
Any Judge will argue, that the copy protection is effective simply because you have to circumvent it.

Go ahead and try to find a judge who sees it that way. Good luck - but you'll find that is IS that simple.
Any Judge will argue, that the copy protection is effective simply because you have to circumvent it.
I'm not a lawyer, but I've read a lot about the whole "effective" wording with regard to copy protection. Effective in this context simply means "in effect". It doesn't have anything to do with how well it works.

Edit: I'm agreeing with you. Just elaborating/backing up :p

It's really simple: backup is allowed - except.... when there is a copy protection.
Since a copy protection comes with every Blu-ray disc and almost every DVD, backup is effectively not allowed. As simple as that.
Ah, the logic of lawyers. Ain't it grand.

Actually, it's legal in US to make a backup of a Blu-ray disc. What is illegal is circumventing the copy protection.
There's nothing saying you can't just copy the files off the disc, thus making a perfect bit-for-bit copy of the disc on your computer. That _IS_ backing up the data on the disc.
Of course, you can't play it or do anything with it since it's encrypted with AACS or BD+, but you have a backup of it... :)

Back