Forum issue

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by twhiting9275, Sep 8, 2021.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

There appears to be an issue with forum and translation (or perhaps just my account, not sure)
    When replying to the forum, the Edit section of links is in what appears to be Dutch.
    After refreshing the page, it returns to English.
    Haven't noticed it until now, oddly enough, but I haven't really been paying attention. just happened to notice it now

See attached

Attached Files:

2. cartman0208

cartman0208 Well-Known Member

Thats german, and yes, that is a known bug :whistle:

whatever_gong82 and DeepSpace like this.
  3. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Moved to general chat and informed admin Ivan about this.

4. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I have noticed this as well but I considered it a "feature" or something that gave the forums character :p

5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

All you have to do is refresh the page, it's not a big deal, it's not just your page, and I have not seen it in quite a while ( It was German I believe)

6. Ivan

Ivan Admin Staff Member

To be honest, I noticed that as well already years ago :)

Really? Only in our forums or a known Xenforo bug?

I took a closer look at this issue....
    Xenforo (our forums software) is looking up localized strings from a database table. To not make a complete database lookup for each string when a page is loaded, Xenforo is caching these strings. And this caching seems to have a hick-up once in a while, so a forum user is getting some (it appears only in footer of each posting) strings in another installed language.
    Since we have an active German community (other languages are not that active), this issue might appear mostly in English (most active community) and German.

I have no fix for it (yet). :bowdown:

7. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

That's it I want a total refund :p

(100% sarcasm)

DeepSpace and whatever_gong82 like this.