Forum Feature Request

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by BuddyFunJet, Jan 31, 2021.

1. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Well-Known Member

Within each forum like for AS, could you have a sticky, no reply topic titled something like Latest Version.

When there is a new beta or full release available, the admin can post a message in that topic with the info. As a user, I could subscribe to the topics for the products that I have and be notified that a new release is available.

Thanks for the consideration.

2. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

3. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Redfox already has that built into the software

4. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

Also this, but then he have to open the software every day. When he subscribes to the forum, he will get a message immediately.

5. Watcher0363

Watcher0363 Well-Known Member

Give him or her time, they will become AS junkies like the rest of us. Then, when at home, AS is running. Personally I am still checking the classifies for AS anonymous meetings.

6. BuddyFunJet

While I posted this in the AS forum, I also use anydvd, CloneBD, and DVDMobile. Particularly with AnyDVD, it would be good to know as soon as a beta comes out since I often have a rip fail on a new disk that is fixed by getting the beta.

While the software will often say when there is a full update, learning of the beta updates require a visit to the forums. While I visit the forums semi regularly, I don't want to subscribe to the level that every post is emailed to me.

By having a sticky, no reply thread with the latest version, including beta, of each software product, a user can get an email when a product of interest has an update, particularly beta.

7. BuddyFunJet

While a junkie, I'm happy with my addiction to the extent being a two copied downloader. Besides, meeting would distract from my addiction.