• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Format? before buying

Johnbear

~S~

Little info and question.

I bought a camcorder that records in a avchd format. Bottom line. the disc will not play unless it is in a hd or bluray player. I have looked for programs that will let my system play it. If it was in a file or it had a firewire i think i would be ok but it does not. I have to use the disc. I want to take my kids judo turnys andput al this 22 min discs on 1 dvd, save them in a reagular format and send to grandparents that dont one a blueray ect. When i put in the disc it says window does not reconize the file. I have tred different programs but nothing seems to work. Will this allow my dvd rom to read and play this format?

I even tried a program that cost over 100 and it did not work. these kids at circuit city and best buy can answer anything.

Well I think Vegas supports AVCHD, and possible Uleads Moviefactory, but another nice editing program is Canopus Edius or Neo(the cut down version). The Canopus stuff doesn't support it natively, but they do have a utility that converts AVCHD to the Canopus HQ codec which then allows you to edit it normally in Edius. You can download a 30 day trial version of Edius from the Canopus website, and the utility is in the support section after you login

~S~

The problem i have is making the dvd-rom read the disc. If i have it saved into a file deal or can draw it directly from the cam corder these work. that why i thought this might allow it to read disc. I have had 4 different program trial that did not work and i bought one that did not work, thanks for the info

I assume it's writing it onto a Blu-ray disc. If so then a DVD-rom drive won't read it. Also standard DVD players don't support AVCHD, so you'd need to convert it to standard DVD MPeg2 format first

Goto the FAQ section on the page you linked to (only works in Internet explorer). And chose FAQs for HD camcorders

This gives you information about what you can do, it seems to indicate that you can only play it back on the camera or on a Blu-ray player. You'll have to convert it if you want to let others view it on a DVD

Last edited:
Back