• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Forced subtitles

Metconsole

I have grabbed some TV shows that are in English but there is some foreign language spoken in the show occasionally (Startup-Netflix). There are no subtitles shown during the foreign dialogue so I can't understand what is being said. The subtitles are there when I watch the section in Netflix, is there a way to get these forced subs when downloading?

They are probably embbed in the MP4 (that is the default option). You need to turn them on in your player (or perhaps name them the same as the MP4 file so the player knows to play them ->If they are all ready srt).

I can turn them on in my Player (Plex) but I only want the subtitles when there is some foreign dialogue occasionally and not the whole show. Is there a way to do that?

I can turn them on in my Player (Plex) but I only want the subtitles when there is some foreign dialogue occasionally and not the whole show. Is there a way to do that?

Only if the original subtitles are what is called "Forced." (They show "when there is some foreign dialogue occasionally")

Subtitles are a pain in the butt. If there isn't a "forced" subtitle track, then no...you have to either have them all turned on or mod them yourself.

Thanks for your help. I managed to get them working but as you say they are a pain in the butt. I select English (forced) when it is available and select the "Forced" subtitle in the player.
If there is no English (forced) option I assume that there aren't any foreign language sections in the movie or TV show, if there is I'll just pretend that I know what they are talking about.

Back