Forced subtitles

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by VLMin, Jul 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. VLMin

VLMin Member

On the AnyDVD HD page, I read "AnyDVD HD is capable of disabling unwanted movie features such as forced subtitles …". My hearing is not great, so I need subtitles. I would not want them removed, ever. Can I set up the program so that subtitles are never disturbed/removed? I guess I don't know what "forced subtitles" means.

2. smonly

smonly Member

Forced sub means screen built-in sub. Imagine that watching a foreign movie w/ English sub already in automatically.

3. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

Not totally because you would have to set that in your processing software.
    However as far as AnyDVDHD is concerned. This Manual may help you out.

http://docs.redfox.bz/manual/anydvd/index.html

4. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

You have to manually select removing the "unwanted features." Default, AnyDVD doesn't remove that.

You don't have to do anything to keep subtltles.

If you want to make sure, open up AnyDVD by right clicking the red fox in your notification area, choose Settings.... and click Default. Click Ok and now you are back at default status.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Let me explain. "AnyDVD HD is capable of disabling unwanted movie features such as forced subtitles …" means removal of annoyances.
    An example for these "subtitles, which are forced upon you":
    You are from France and buy a french movie in the UK. To avoid cross import, the UK disc has english subtitles, which cannot be deselected, if you play the french audiotrack.
    The subtitle key on your remote will be blocked. Bummer. AnyDVD can remove this annoyance.
    AnyDVD will not remove any subtitle track, regradless of settings.

6. VLLib

VLLib Member

Thank you all, I get it now!