• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Forced subtitles

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
I'm hoping it is an in house beta as the forced subtitles don't work. for some reason it makes an extra track for the forced subtitles, but doesn't flag it as forced. What I was hoping for was an option to flag a current sub track as forced

I want the forced subs extracted into a separate track and flagged as forced. So neither of us gets what we want. LMAO! :)

Well it does make an extra subtitle track if you tick the box for it

Well it does make an extra subtitle track if you tick the box for it

Excellent but is it a copy of the full track or does it extract the forced subs from the full track into a separate track? I've not had time to look yet.

Not sure as I haven't come across a Blu-ray that doesn't have the forced subs in a separate track to begin with so when I've used it it just copies the whole track. If you can suggest a movie that has the forced subs mixed in with the normal ones I can test it

Excellent but is it a copy of the full track or does it extract the forced subs from the full track into a separate track? I've not had time to look yet.
It does extract.

Not sure as I haven't come across a Blu-ray that doesn't have the forced subs in a separate track to begin with so when I've used it it just copies the whole track. If you can suggest a movie that has the forced subs mixed in with the normal ones I can test it
Avatar would be a popular choice.

Yup, Avatar is a great example of this. Wonderful news. Flagging it as forced would be great but I can easily fix that up for now if I need to. Very impressive!

My copy of Avatar has a separate forced subtitle track

My alien language parts are in a separate subtitle track

Weird. There are other movies that have them, too. Trying to think....I believe District 9 had them. There's a bunch but I just can't think off hand what they are.

Weird. There are other movies that have them, too. Trying to think....I believe District 9 had them. There's a bunch but I just can't think off hand what they are.

Yes, there are quite a few. Captain Phillips is my go to for testing this type.
Half decent list kept here too (of all subtitle types)

My copy of Avatar has a separate forced subtitle track

I moved this into its own topic - was totally off-topic where it came from...

Adbear: which version of Avatar is that? Country, 2D/3D, Collectors, ...?

Back