• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subscription for new purchases and possibly future products for repeat customers as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas

I thought about whether to introduce this topic, but in the end I decided to open this topic because I am interested in the general opinion, a time-limited subscription is opening and I am interested in the opinion of the forum members, for example, I personally am not enthusiastic about this step, if I leave out the political global point of view, and I would like to try it somehow for example, in my country it is quite complicated to pay with crypto-currencies, they are difficult to find, as for banks, that is a chapter by itself, I didn't have to call the banks to go through the purchase, but many users around the world have a problem and, frankly, even I am not happy when in I can see the bank buying God knows where, if it's a one-off once in a while, it's still possible, but I don't consider it safe on a regular basis due to the nature of the products, how does anyone want to solve this situation? I would really hate to see the police in my house

Sounds like you're paranoid about using cryptocurrencies. I don't know where you live or what your situation is, but you'd have to be living in a fascist, totalitarian state like China or something for the government and/or bank to care that much about you buying some crypto every one or two years.

And either way, that's tough - the developers get to decide how much they charge for their software. I completely understand the removal of lifetime licenses especially for AnyStream, a program that requires constant maintenance and constant adapting to new DRM measures and encryption schemes.

After more than 21 years, we still receive at least once a week support tickets from customers who bought AnyDVD lifetime in the early days of SlySoft for $39, calling us "scammers" and "bastards" for not providing them what they paid for...

After more than 21 years, we still receive at least once a week support tickets from customers who bought AnyDVD lifetime in the early days of SlySoft for $39, calling us "scammers" and "bastards" for not providing them what they paid for...
I live in a place where cryptocurrencies are viewed quite negatively, let's say they are quietly tolerated, but they are not and probably will not be officially legalized, and if so, only those that will be under the control of the political government. Regarding my view of cryptocurrencies, I was a supporter of them until I found out who is actually behind them, it will never be officially confirmed, if I said it here I would be a conspirator, but from my point of view, cryptocurrencies are no longer useful, but I understand that projects like REDFOX have no choice but to use them, I personally would not see a problem with the subscription if it was not already in 99 In most cases and for almost everything regarding ANYSTREAM, I would understand it, but I don't understand it with ANYDVD, whose development has slowed down considerably because almost no one wants physical carriers anymore

I don't consider you fraudsters, you are doing your job well, but the problem is that the whole world is clinging to the subscription model, even companies like UBISOFT are loudly saying that you will no longer own games, you will rent them for a monthly or annual subscription, games, movies, software, in some cases even food and then how should you look at the world? when literally everyone just wants money

I live in a place where cryptocurrencies are viewed quite negatively
If I remember right, you live in a place where the best crypto hardware wallet is coming from...

If I remember right, you live in a place where the best crypto hardware wallet is coming from...
it depends which one you mean, yes we have a hardware safe, but that doesn't mean it's legalized in our country, on the contrary, they sizzle but they haven't banned

and cryptocurrencies are quite difficult to find here, there is a small community that has them and they want to make massive money from it, another problem is crypto gateways, which we don't have much of, already when I bought lifetime licenses for your software from you, I had no problem getting a crypto upgrade at all I already paid for ANYSTREAM plus by classic card

when literally everyone just wants money

Looking back in history, all time, was there ever a period when people were not greedy?

As far as the "fraudsters" claim, I certainly understand those who claim that they're not getting what they paid for, that they made a deal years ago that's not being honored after they paid in full upfront. Sure I also understand the basic claim that SlySoft is the real culprit, yet at the same time, it seems fair for someone to suggest it's about greed. And that's especially considering the basic claims about why SlySoft was shut down.

Looking back in history, all time, was there ever a period when people were not greedy?

As far as the "fraudsters" claim, I certainly understand those who claim that they're not getting what they paid for, that they made a deal years ago that's not being honored after they paid in full upfront. Sure I also understand the basic claim that SlySoft is the real culprit, yet at the same time, it seems fair for someone to suggest it's about greed. And that's especially considering the basic claims about why SlySoft was shut down.
I don't think that in the case of the REDFOX project it's a matter of greed, rather I'm annoyed by the subscription principle because it's everywhere you look, another problem is the technical complexity of paying for licenses for a lot of people

I had a friend who always suggested, "Beer cannot be purchased. I can only rent the beer I drink."
and do you think the house can't be bought either? you know, we've been operating here from a software perspective for 40 years without a subscription, see Windows for example, and suddenly everyone is pushing for a subscription? that's suspicious don't you think?

you know, we've been operating here from a software perspective for 40 years without a subscription, see Windows for example, and suddenly everyone is pushing for a subscription?

It's ok if you don't change the hardware, and the hardware continues to function, and you don't need security updates, and...

Beyond that, there has always been some requirement to "upgrade" to the latest version.

Imagine if AnyStream were never updated...

It's ok if you don't change the hardware, and the hardware continues to function, and you don't need security updates, and...

Beyond that, there has always been some requirement to "upgrade" to the latest version.

Imagine if AnyStream were never updated...
it is not necessary to update windows if you don't want to play the latest games or use programs that no longer support the old OS, it is often the other way around and it is better for many programs to have an old OS, especially for industrial software with ANYSTREAM, it is because of greedy corporations like NETFLIX is something else

it is not necessary to update windows if you don't want to play the latest games or use programs that no longer support the old OS

That's simply not true.

There might be some subset of programs that don't require updates, but it should be total obvious in this forum that AnyStream needs to be updated because of changes that have nothing to do with the OS or AnyStream itself.

That's simply not true.

There might be some subset of programs that don't require updates, but it should be total obvious in this forum that AnyStream needs to be updated because of changes that have nothing to do with the OS or AnyStream itself.
as I already said with ANYSTREAM it's something else, unfortunately updating is a must

unfortunately updating is a must

I mean, sure, Solitaire might work fine for the next 100 years, as long as there are no other failures, but most of the software I use requires maintenance.

I mean, sure, Solitaire might work fine for the next 100 years, as long as there are no other failures, but most of the software I use requires maintenance.
for example, I still use windows 8.1 because the new OS is somewhat broken, we have experience that the software used in various industries is not even updated, with most software updates are often unnecessary and the team makes a mess, I would say that ANYSTREAM and ANYDVD are the best there, I trust I don't like beta versions with other software and I always wait for a stable version

I still use windows 8.1 because the new OS is somewhat broken,

I purchased a new system in 2013. It had Windows 8, right before the release of 8.1. I was able to update to 8.1 without further payment. For whatever reason, I was able to migrate to Windows 10 on another PC using the 8.1 license. Something about the way Microsoft handled the licensing transition, or the original license. That's all a bit of a haze today. I had a power supply failure on my Windows 8.1 machine about 5 years ago, and I had to find the right used parts, as Windows 8.1 device drivers do not exist for some of the newer hardware.

Today I'm using both the older 8.1 system and newer Windows 11 systems. There is some software that functions much better on Windows 8.1, as the software has not been updated. Also today Windows 8.1 is not the best, is no longer supported. I'd much rather my software be updated so that I can use such on Windows 11, which all my newer computer systems are running. Do I "blame" the software developers who didn't update the software to run on Windows 10/11?

If the general commentary here is that crap gets broken all the time from outside forces, such as what's happened with AnyStream, and many other systems, then I will agree with you there, but someone has to fix it, or it remains broken.

I purchased a new system in 2013. It had Windows 8, right before the release of 8.1. I was able to update to 8.1 without further payment. For whatever reason, I was able to migrate to Windows 10 on another PC using the 8.1 license. Something about the way Microsoft handled the licensing transition, or the original license. That's all a bit of a haze today. I had a power supply failure on my Windows 8.1 machine about 5 years ago, and I had to find the right used parts, as Windows 8.1 device drivers do not exist for some of the newer hardware.

Today I'm using both the older 8.1 system and newer Windows 11 systems. There is some software that functions much better on Windows 8.1, as the software has not been updated. Also today Windows 8.1 is not the best, is no longer supported. I'd much rather my software be updated so that I can use such on Windows 11, which all my newer computer systems are running. Do I "blame" the software developers who didn't update the software to run on Windows 10/11?

If the general commentary here is that crap gets broken all the time from outside forces, such as what's happened with AnyStream, and many other systems, then I will agree with you there, but someone has to fix it, or it remains broken.
gosh, microsoft fired thousands, if not 10,000 or hundreds of thousands of people, now repairs and various updates are done by people mostly of Indian nationality who are not able to do it properly, on top of that they stuff artificial intelligence into the system which is just another unusable ballast in most cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back