• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flawless 1080p BD Playback with VLC Player??

How come you waited more then 30 days? As soon as you saw there was no key why didn't you ask for your money back? People sell games online where the keys are already activated so you can't use the game.
Foolishly on my part, I was expecting my custom designed HTPC to arrive in plenty of time https://www.steigerdynamics.com/htpc-products, after my very old pc had a fatal system HDD crash and was not worth fixing. But that shouldn't excuse the seller nor ebay. I've spent serious bundles on ebay over the last ten years; happy endings with all of those. But I bought that software in good faith and was totally ripped off. The least that I was entitled to was a refund, regardless of any 30 day window.

Last edited:
I have Power DVD 17 and 3 versions of Nero plus one version of Nero that came with a DVD burner. I still like some of the free software better.
PowerDVD's zoom control is excellent but its volume control is a bad joke compared to VLC's quickly accessible one.

So what did you pay? I mean, it wouldn't be much more than 5 bucks, right? That's what I pay for an Office key.

And that is something called piracy. There is ZERO WAYS you can legally get an office key for $5. Keys discounted at such a price are just about always

- volume license keys not meant for resale
- legit keys bought with stolen payment details and then resold for a quick buck
- stolen keys

Yeah, we don't like seeing that mentioned here.

You forgot
- used software
which is legally re-sellable and thus negates your ZERO WAYS

Want some legal confirmation?
Google the judgement from the federal high court of justice (BGH) in Germany Az. I ZR 8/13 from 11.12.2014

And that is something called piracy. There is ZERO WAYS you can legally get an office key for $5. Keys discounted at such a price are just about always

- volume license keys not meant for resale
- legit keys bought with stolen payment details and then resold for a quick buck
- stolen keys

Yeah, we don't like seeing that mentioned here.
On that note, there's piracy and then pushing junk, like Vista, that buggy crappy OS that Gates & Company stuck us with, and without the least amount of buy back. I had to pay to have it replaced with XP, which worked fine for years until it finally made sense to replace it with Windows 7.

Are you guys getting off topic? The whole thing is BTW off-topic if you use AnyDVD. Just to let you know.

Bingo! Thanks. Enjoy!
Glad to hear you got it working! Don't forget to update the keydb.cfg file if you come across newer discs which don't seem to be supported.I would still recommend AnyDVD or MakeMKV if you ever decide to back up or convert your library of discs.

Are you guys getting off topic? The whole thing is BTW off-topic if you use AnyDVD. Just to let you know.
You have posted about AnyDVD multiple times in this thread. Everyone here is aware that it exists.

You forgot
- used software

Google the judgement from the federal high court of justice (BGH) in Germany Az. I ZR 8/13 from 11.12.2014
Can you activate it in the US?

You forgot
- used software

Thank you very much!

On that note, there's piracy and then pushing junk, like Vista, that buggy crappy OS that Gates & Company stuck us with, and without the least amount of buy back. I had to pay to have it replaced with XP, which worked fine for years until it finally made sense to replace it with Windows 7.
Microsoft releases most operating systems before they should and Vista was no different. I bought a computer with Vista on it after Service Pack 2 came out and I didn't have any problems with it. Service Pack 2 added Media Center which I used a lot to record cable with a TV tuner. Vista was the first operating system that supported 64 bit drivers for hardware and software. You could have more memory and everything was much faster; it wasn't much different then Windows 7. Vista helped pave the way for the fast processors, memory and motherboards we have now. They had to start somewhere. When we went to the moon we pushed technology to it's limits; that led to Vacumm tubes, integrated circuits, and a lot of other advancements in technology. I did like XP though; that was a nice operating system.

Foolishly on my part, I was expecting my custom designed HTPC to arrive in plenty of time https://www.steigerdynamics.com/htpc-products, after my very old pc had a fatal system HDD crash and was not worth fixing. But that shouldn't excuse the seller nor ebay. I've spent serious bundles on ebay over the last ten years; happy endings with all of those. But I bought that software in good faith and was totally ripped off. The least that I was entitled to was a refund, regardless of any 30 day window.
They should have given you a refund and banned the seller from doing business on Ebay anymore. Those Home Theatre PC's look really nice but expensive.

They should have given you a refund and banned the seller from doing business on Ebay anymore. Those Home Theatre PC's look really nice but expensive.
After not a whole lot of searching I did find a reputable, local and Microsoft licensed service company. He had a very understanding attitude and had Office 2019 Pro Plus installed and working perfectly in an hour. It was $150. + tax but considering what Office 2021 Pro sells for I walked away happily. And he agreed to do the same for the PC I will have Steiger build for office use. I'd say there's really only one of Steiger's HTPCs which is badly expensive; > $4K. Mine was $3.1K but considering Steiger's reputation and that my last two desktop/tower pc purchases were seriously ancient I was okay with the price. Great parts list:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...w1390-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz.html W480M VISION W (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global ,32 GB ECC memory, https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-1068-KR
https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/computer-chassis/GD05/
https://www.argusmonitor.com/overview_fan_control.php?language=en

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it working! Don't forget to update the keydb.cfg file if you come across newer discs which don't seem to be supported.I would still recommend AnyDVD or MakeMKV if you ever decide to back up or convert your library of discs.
Aaaarrgghh! I probably should have passed on the VLC prompt to update the player. Now I can't play any BDs and I forgot the steps for how to correct this. Please advise.

Aaaarrgghh! I probably should have passed on the VLC prompt to update the player. Now I can't play any BDs and I forgot the steps for how to correct this. Please advise.
The steps have not changed. They are all detailed in this thread. You'll just have to repeat what you did earlier this year. If you get stuck, read this thread again. If you can't remember which file to copy or where to copy it, read the earlier posts. There is no new trick required.

The steps have not changed. They are all detailed in this thread. You'll just have to repeat what you did earlier this year. If you get stuck, read this thread again. If you can't remember which file to copy or where to copy it, read the earlier posts. There is no new trick required.
As per you post # 88, I still have those four files in my VLC directory. But when in VLC when I clicked File, Open Disc and clicked Blu ray I still got an error message when trying to play a Region 1 BD.

Try playing a disc which has previously worked.

Would you mind sharing the exact error message?
Blu-ray error:

AACS Host certificate revoked.

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///D:/'. Check the log for details.

AACS Host certificate revoked.
It sounds like you have may have played a disc with MKB v72 or newer. This would cause your drive to no longer accept the host certificate bundled with the public keydb. If you update/replace your current keydb.cfg file it may work for your disc (see the steps I posted earlier in this thread).

Even if you did update the keydb, you won't be able to play bus encrypted Blu-ray discs until someone leaks an unrevoked host certificate. If you want to find your own unrevoked host certificate, there is a licensed playback solution which is a popular source of keys

Back