• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fixing Broken Java Menu's ?

worknstiff

I keep running across all these disks lately (latest one is The Counselor) that have java menu's that won't let the disk's start playing. When using TMT5 to play it on my pc, the Fox logo plays and then nothing happens, just a black screen. I think it is just waiting for the next title command to start but it never happens. If you do a Ctrl + T on the keyboard the loading screen starts and continues to the Menu. It seems like such a small thing to do on your pc, but my Oppo blue-ray player has no remote control button to trigger this simple action so any disk's I back-up won't play. I would think that SlySoft could maybe program this action to take place after it fixes the BD Java signatures on these problematic disk's. I can live without the Menu's sometimes but not on disks that have features like branching playlists. I was just wondering why this would be such a hard thing to do?

the TMT loading, that's a TMT issue not an anydvd one, as far as your oppo goes. The speedmenu's should be able to fix that

@ Ch3vr0n RE: TMT loading, that's a TMT issue.

I know it's not a AnyDVD issue and I have used the speed menu's as a work around. I was just thinking that if Slysoft went to all the trouble to create speed menu's then it seems like just adding a "Cntrl + T" check box to jump to the next tile would be pretty easy. I like having the original menu to change chapters and select subs and extras. I'm no programmer but to insert a simple two-key command to go to the next title looks like it would be pretty easy compared to creating a speed menu. If TMT fails to play one of these blurays and I create a backup of it, it won't load on my Blu ray player either. Something Slysoft removes from the disk structure causes it to not play the next loading title to get to the Menu.

Something Slysoft removes from the disk structure causes it to not play the next loading title to get to the Menu.

I take it that the original disc plays back with no issues on your Oppo player?

If TMT fails to play one of these blurays and I create a backup of it, it won't load on my Blu ray player either. Something Slysoft removes from the disk structure causes it to not play the next loading title to get to the Menu.

This would indicate bad media...so we will need a log file at this point in time to see for sure. Since the original fails to play that should already tell you that media is of poor quality. And we will need a log file.....?????

************I take it that the original disc plays back with no issues on your Oppo player?

Yes, of course the original plays on the Oppo, but does not play with TMT5, and after being backed up it won't play on either TMT5 or Oppo.

Yes, of course the original plays on the Oppo, but does not play with TMT5, and after being backed up it won't play on either TMT5 or Oppo.

If the original plays fine, then there should be no reason why a backup doesn't.
Best thing to do is post an AnyDVD logfile from the one of the original discs, so someone can take a look at what might need fixing.

Are you using any of the AnyDVD features like "Remove annoying adverts and trailers'' or "Remove video sequences shorter than"? (sometimes these can cause issues)

RE: Are you using any of the AnyDVD features like "Remove annoying adverts and trailers'' or "Remove video sequences shorter than"?

No I didn't have any of these options turned on, I never use them. The original disk with AnyDVD running will not load the Menu unless you do the CNTRL + T and the hard-drive backup of the Disk done with AnyDVD in file-mode will also not play unless you do the CNTRL + T. To further diagnose this problem I did an ISO full backup with AnyDVD and burned it and was not surprised that the Disk from this did not play either. I came to the conclusion that it was something that AnyDVD does to fix the java menus that breaks the connection that the CNTRL + T reconnects.

RE: Are you using any of the AnyDVD features like "Remove annoying adverts and trailers'' or "Remove video sequences shorter than"?

No I didn't have any of these options turned on, I never use them. The original disk with AnyDVD running will not load the Menu unless you do the CNTRL + T and the hard-drive backup of the Disk done with AnyDVD in file-mode will also not play unless you do the CNTRL + T. To further diagnose this problem I did an ISO full backup with AnyDVD and burned it and was not surprised that the Disk from this did not play either. I came to the conclusion that it was something that AnyDVD does to fix the java menus that breaks the connection that the CNTRL + T reconnects.

Please post an AnyDVD logfile from the disc in question so the developers can take a look, without it there is not much they can do.
AnyDVD should not break playback at all on your Oppo player, so if the original played fine but not the backup then something is wrong.

Does TMT play the original (with AnyDVD disabled) correctly or still issues? It's difficult to test with TMT as it is known to have it's own problems with some discs even with AnyDVD disabled (needing CTRL + T to progress)

Note: Ctrl + T is a unique keyboard shortcut built into TMT (it is not something that AnyDVD can add to the disc)

I have noticed one or two disks where after the loading logo track they carry on eventually after what seems like for ever but is probably in the region of 1-2 minutes. I wonder if this is what you are seeing but you are too impatient to wait if you know what I mean? I've never systematically checked against the original to see if that's the same though but it's definitely an effect I've noticed.

Speculating won't help here.
Unless he posts an anyDVD logfile, there's nothing useful to add here.

@ Steve55 - RE:I wonder if this is what you are seeing but you are too impatient to wait?
You can wait all day and it's not going to matter. The loading indication animation never loads and it will not "EVER" get to the menu.

@ Steve55 - RE:I wonder if this is what you are seeing but you are too impatient to wait?
You can wait all day and it's not going to matter. The loading indication animation never loads and it will not "EVER" get to the menu.

You've been nudged towards providing a log file now several times.
Seeing that you don't, I assume you're no longer interested in solving the matter?
If so, we can close this thread.

@ PEER RE: Speculating won't help here.

Sorry, I have been neglecting this thread, I thought it was not being noticed anymore and haven't been back to the forum lately. Had no idea that PEER! would have commented. Thanks!. So far as logs for the problem titles, take your pick. EG: Catching Fire, Gravity, Escape Plan, Enders Game. I'm not saying that AnyDVD is causing this after it is decrypted, because the disk without AnyDVD running will not play on the PC anyhow, some will play the Fox or Universal opening but will never load any further titles to get to the menu. It is just after AnyDVD does it's magic on the Java menu's that the disk never gets to the loading animation unless you do the "CTRL + T", and then the loading animation begins and the menu loads. Thanks again Peer for your attention to this problem.

Sorry, I have been neglecting this thread, I thought it was not being noticed anymore and haven't been back to the forum lately.

It's not that it hadn't been noticed anymore - everyone was waiting for you to post a log file, after it had been made clear, that without one, nothing can be done.

And: not any log file created by someone else, it's YOUR log file that is required, with your particular version of AnyDVD, your drive, your disc(s) and your settings.

So.... will you please, please post a log file, so we can put an end to this?

Otherwise this thread really will have to be closed, because it is turning into a lengthy discussion about "posting log files" and that is starting to become a little bit wierd...

I've run into similar problems on newer titles with PowerDVD. I tend to use an old version of PowerDVD (like ver 8 or 10), and some new titles just won't load on it (I suspect it's Java or BD-Live related). All of these discs are trying to either ping a server for Java menu updates, or dynamic trailers of some kind (playing a trailer off a server). I would think TMT5 would be new enough to not be a problem, but I guess you never know... Have you tried it on TMT6 just to see if it works there?

Each of these functions is called by a Title Jump, the discs usually does something like this:
[run a bunch of HDMV code]
Title jump to Java title 1
(this calls the studios server asking for menu code updates)
Title jump to Java title 2
(this calls a server trying to download a new trailer or 4)
Title jump to Java title 3
This is the actual menu title (or sometimes an anti-piracy title and then a menu title).

Using BDEdit, I'll hack the initial commands of the disc to jump straight to that third title, bypassing all HDMV code and all the Java titles that access the internet (not something that's easy to explain as the commands can be ridiculously convoluted depending on how the disc was built... But the SlySoft programmers probably understand what I'm saying.), and after doing that the discs always work on PowerDVD 8 (i.e., and old outdated version), and they load up a hell of a lot faster... This seems to affect Universal and Fox discs for sure, and Paramount too I think. Newer Java code (especially the online stuff) just doesn't seem to work well on outdated players. Universal is at least easy to see when you have it right- You should get one filmstrip loading icon, and then the main menu comes up (give-or-take a logo or two). Normally you get a filmstrip (the loading icon), black screen, maybe a filmstrip again and little box with a 'looking for updates', then streaming trailers if it finds them, then a filmstrip again, and the logos/main menu. (Since I bypass _ALL_ the HDMV code, the disc will only load up in English... If you need/want foreign language menus, you'd have to leave some of the HDMV code in place that checks the language settings...)

It's an odd problem I've only noticed because I keep trying to use older software players (because they work so much more efficiently than the overloaded crap they release now... 8) but they have issues with the Java code sometimes...)

It'd be neat if AnyDVD could somehow figure out a way to bypass all this automatically, but it would probably be hard to create a universal solution that would work for all discs since the programming can be so different from title to title (and definitely from studio to studio)...

Isn't Ctrl-T on the keyboard just doing a Top Menu command? I've heard that hitting Top Menu or Pop Up a couple of times on these discs can get them working (which is sort of manually forcing it through the sequence I mentioned above)...

Back