• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

firmware

I have often wondered about this myself.

Here is my burner...
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M97537015957804KZ

I have looked but can't ever find anything on it.

Does mine need updated?

Here is my burner...

Does mine need updated?

That's really a rebadged Benq 1640 (which is an excellent burner by the way), but if you crossflash it using Benq firmware, you'll void your warranty.

Edit: Did it come bundled with a Dell or some other system? I think it's an OEM drive that philips doesn't directly support.

Last edited:
Edit: Did it come bundled with a Dell or some other system? I think it's an OEM drive that philips doesn't directly support.

Yep, it came with my Dell and it does work great. I was just wanting to find out for sure what I even had and if it needed updated?

Yep, it came with my Dell and it does work great. I was just wanting to find out for sure what I even had and if it needed updated?

I'll look on Dell's website, but you really need to be contacting Dell for firmware updates.

I'll look on Dell's website, but you really need to be contacting Dell for firmware updates.

Getting anything out of Dell's web site other than their pay phone line is next to impossible. IMO, their support really stinks.

Yeah I'm just seeing something for Linux. You would really need to contact Dell.

If you don't mind voiding your burner's warranty, then you can also crossflash to Benq, but if everything is working fine, then why bother?

I'll probably wait until the warranty is up and then crossflash to Benq. Like you said its working great and has for the past year now. No problems at all with it.

Thanks slinger...

Here is my burner...

Does mine need updated?

If the drive is not having any problems reading media it is fine. Firmware updates help the drive to read more types of discs......... mainly the dye's used in the discs. If firmware has to be updated to use a particular software, you don't want that software.

Back